Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pros & Cons , TiLite Tr or Colours Eclipse

Pros & Cons , TiLite Tr or Colours Eclipse

Can someone give me some advice on them two chairs? I need one of the two for easy transfer in and out of a car. I think they are similar in weight. Which one would give me more bucket? More sportier.. Just pros & cons.
    Thanks

TOO HELL WITH THOSE LANDSHARKS.

It is time for a Halls, my man.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
    - Allen Ginsburg

Hey MAD....

I got a TIlite. It kicks. I can chuck it in and outta my car in no time flat. And I'm a girl!!!! hee hee

Oh yah. It's pretty sporty lookin' too. I tend to take my time wheelin around, but I've seen people whip around in them. I'd recommend getting Spinergy wheels put on yours, it makes you fly.

Good luck...
    kiran

"asevennationaarmycouldntholdmeback"

I have a TI lite X which I am not real crazy about. I actually prefer my Quickie II hp over the TI believe it or not. Quickie makes a darn good chair at a reasonable price. I think the TI is kind of overpriced. The TI is really not any lighter than the Quickie even though it is Titanium (at least the folding model) and the TI uses an Aluminum Cross brace which looks to be weaker than the thicker tubing that the Quickie IIhp uses. For $1200.00 I think the IIhp is the best value in folders.

If you are set on rigid, Check out the Halls chair, I believe it is called the hallmark (17 lbs), it is suppose to be very good. Also the Quickie GPV is quite popular.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Yea I took a look at the halls chair. I don't see nowhere you can adjust your dump. It look like once it is built thats it.Well off to talk with my insurance company....

Glochas,
    How much do your chair weigh, with/without wheels?

[This message was edited by MAD-PRODUCER on 04-25-03 at 05:24 AM.]

The Hall's is not adjustable so you need to know what you want. But it's light and few parts to come loose. I have had mine 3 years, great chair. Bob will build to your specs and will help on items not sure of.

Js you can't e ven adjust the bucket?
    Have anyone seen the New Ti-Lite TT?

Mad,

I've got the Ti TT. Very little adjustment capability - no dump. If you order one make sure you get it fitted properly as its difficult to make changes.

Otherwise (as wc's go), a great chair. Light, quick, agile, sporty, sharp. Mine weighs about 23 lbs with standard wheels, mountain bike tires, 5" Frog Leg front casters, single foot plate and a Jay2 Extreme back with a Jay cushion which I shaved down to a more sleek size.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Phebus:

Mad,

I've got the Ti TT. Very little adjustment capability - no dump. If you order one make sure you get it fitted properly as its difficult to make changes.

Otherwise (as wc's go), a great chair. Light, quick, agile, sporty, sharp. Mine weighs about 23 lbs with standard wheels, mountain bike tires, 5" Frog Leg front casters, single foot plate and a Jay2 Extreme back with a Jay cushion which I shaved down to a more sleek size.

Good luck.
    You can not put dump in your chair? If so its nothing I want.. It only has little adjustments?