Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What got you into the wonderful world of SCI? Photo thread!

I feel like I'm at a safety meeting where I used to work and they are showing the scary pictures.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I would like to give a big shout out to all the folks on this site that did not crash a car or motor bike, fall out of the sky or dive into sallow water or get blown up, etc.
    The ones who just by chance just, came down with MS or Transverse Myelitis or CP or the many other non physical injury's. There was a guy at my rehab who just woke up paralyzed out of the blue. Might not be so dramatic but still just as much of a bitch, your story's are at least as important too me, as my fellow smashed peoples are.
    David
    Amen, to that.

I've often wondered what it would be like to have an SCI from non-physically violent trauma. When I'm at intersections, waiting to turn, with cars whizzing by right beside me, and I'm doing all I can not to lose my ever-lovin'-shit...especially at those times! It wasn't so much the crunch as the noise leading up to it and the sinking feeling catching a glimpse of the orange bumper in my side view mirror at the last second. Gives me goose bumps and a pounding headache, just thinking about it. There's certainly nothing prepotent about a violent SCI, IMO.

Every SCI is traumatic, in and of itself, to be sure.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I would like to give a big shout out to all the folks on this site that did not crash a car or motor bike, fall out of the sky or dive into sallow water or get blown up, etc.
    The ones who just by chance just, came down with MS or Transverse Myelitis or CP or the many other non physical injury's. There was a guy at my rehab who just woke up paralyzed out of the blue. Might not be so dramatic but still just as much of a bitch, your story's are at least as important too me, as my fellow smashed peoples are.
    David
    Thx David, and I hear that, the non-tramatic SCI's, I had a spinal cord tumor in my c-spine, resected in 99, not very dramatic but horrible all the same.