Thread: Respect opinions on war......

Respect opinions on war......

You know what pees me off more than anything over the last week? Well I'll tell ya! And I am just as guilty as the next Joe. How we, well 99% of the people I know can't just respect someone elses opinion without trying to fight or argue or whatever.

Just the other day at a protest here, some guy purposely drove into a protester. Like get a grip Buddy!
    Meanwhile, I was saying, protest, protest, What do you think Bush is going to pull out the troops because you'r protesting. All your doing is causing traffic jams. Like go home! Rather than respecting their opinion and right to protest.

I was immediately on the defensive when a very close friend of mine had a difference of opinion than mine. Had to tell myself to relax.

I hear and see people all-over arguing, trying to defend their point of view, I can't believe it. Starting now I'm going to tell myself when talking about this war, that I respect everyones opinion and no one is right nor wrong.

BOTTOM LINE: Not one person I know has a freakin clue what is really going on or has gone on behind closed doors and we never will. People could bring up all sorts of stuff from history, or all the propaganda thats being pumped through the media. We have no idea what is true and whats not, Christ I could've been defending lies all this time. Your guess is as good as mine!

It's really shitty how this is pitting friends, neighbors and countries against eachother. I bet if there really is a evil being out there, it's looking at us laughing its bloody head off, while rubbing its hands together.

I hope I really practice what I preach, it's really hard though when a Prime Minister apparently speaks for his country as a whole, and my personal opinion differs but I'm ploped in with what "he" considers Canadian Sentiment. Well, most of the people I know would stand by there friends, no matter what, even if its just for moral support. I would never turn my back on a friend!

Oh Oh, See, here I go again, I was thinking, "Hey Bush, when your done there, can you pop up here and do another regiem change?"

No MG, stop, breathe, relax, relax........

Wise words Monkeygirl, thanks.

Evil is out there and has achieved what he/she wanted. A divided world.
    Andrew

"You can stand me up at the gates of hell
    But I won't back down"
    Tom Petty

I totally agree that everyone is entitled to freely voice his or her own opinion even if you disagree. Listen, respect one another and let you voice be heard. That's what our freedom is all about.

http://homepage.mac.com/bradd/Menu9.html

Brad

Good post MG, agree with what you said, I have been doing the same thing too. This whole War issue is very upsetting and unsettling.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

The land of the FREE,
    and
    The home of the BRAVE.

We speak of our freedom, but often don't remember that the basic principles America was founded on are threatened when people are not allowed to voice opinions different than what seems to be the popular theme of the moment.

And the home of the BRAVE - there are none braver than our men and women who are doing their job right now, fighting for our right to keep those freedoms, and to help a people who have been denied those rights.

Thank you, MG, well said.