Thread: Would like to move out

Would like to move out

Is there any program or anyway I could get help in renting a apartment or buying a house? Would like to try to get a part time job too. I really need to move from where I am now... Please help.

If your on SS Disability you could check on public housing or income based housing. Its a start. Good luck

Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got
    ..........Janis Joplin

HI, Tigger,

Try this link, and go to the Arkansas site for some info on independent living centers in your state. Good Luck!

Duh, forgot to post the link!-------

http://www.abledata.com/text2/ind_lvng.htm

Hi Tigger, you might check these out, I don't know how up to date they may be.

HousingHelp

They seem to try to provide various housing alternatives to the mentally and physically disabled.

Also, most counties have a housing authority, subsidized by HUD, I believe. You might try looking in the phone book for "housing authority."

My county's housing authority helped me out years ago, Section-8 was the program name. Basically, it's a voucher system to help disabled/seniors pay the rent, based on your income.

Arkansas Housing Authorities

Good luck Tigger.

Tigger, contact your local Center for Independent Living. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Do you have an Arkansas Spinal Cord Commission (ASCC) case manager? If not, get in touch with them. They can help you get advice and assistance in this area. Arkansas' state program is one of the best in the country, but occasionally someone slips through their cracks.

http://www.state.ar.us/ascc/