Thread: Stair Aid-Thingy

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County

Stair Aid-Thingy

I've been informed that I will be moving to an upper floor in my building. What are some of the names of the stair-aid things that are used for paras? Can't remember now, but I remember this information being around a lot after 9/11. I intend to request that my company purchase one. Thanks!

Stair glide, from England. Maybe home use only.

Why are you being moved? Have you requested to remain on the first floor as a reasonable accomodation in your workplace? Is there no elevator access to the upper floors now? How do they accomodate clients or visitors who are unable to climb stairs now? Have you talked with your HR or EEO officer?

Are you talking about evacuation chairs (which should be provided) or a stair lift? Is the management putting in a stair lift or elevator for you? Do they know how expensive they are? Is the staircase outdoors or indoors? Are you the only person who will be using it or are there others in chairs also being moved upstairs?

I am moving this over to the Equipment forum.

(KLD)

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County
    My entire team is being moved, due to office re-configuration. I am an exec. assistant, so I must be withing 'shouting' distance of my boss!

It's for emergency evacuation. There is an elevator, but on a couple of occasions the elevator has broken.

Here are a few examples of evacuation chairs:

Evacu-Track

Rescue Chair

Stryker

Evac+Chair (we have this one, it folds and stores behind the stairwell doors).

Here is a pretty comprehensive list of available products:

Tech Guide links

(KLD)