Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow it is a year.....since I found Care Cure

Tomorrow it is a year.....since I found Care Cure

I have been thinking about this past year...looking at where I was and where I am now..I don't want to say much...just thank you...you all know who you are and what you did to help me. I remember being a student nurse putting my hands on that first sci'd girl..falling head over heels for her..and then after telling her father there was no cure in the mighty USA, I came here...and I started to study and plan to become a sci-nurse...and then my world blew apart. Recently one of my greatest new friends reminded me of how far I have come...there are so many to thank for I was a terrified lady who fell into the arms of some really great people...I will never forget and I will never give up my desire to make this go away for you. I remember telling the sci nurses I was afraid I would flunk my boards...then, I smoked 'em. Hee hee...I remember telling vgrafen I was going to quit and he about whipped my bottom blue...(verbally). I did not give up...V! I remember crying over voice chat with PN who never let on if he got sick of it, and Debbie7 saved my life one night...I won't go there....Pep84...well he worked a miracle with his friendship and of course Scorpion...where would I be without you?? Then there was the day I met Marmalady and Claire...Starlight Angel(she is so pretty) and FreeJ too....J thanks for everything you know you are usually right but I still think...well never mind...*sigh*...I remember having my first war with DA which touched off a great friendship..you were awesome you stuck by me and I won't soon forget those few days when I was just so alone and you stayed on that chat...I won't forget. In the winter last year Jeff became so sad over waiting on his wife and we hung out a bit through e-mail and he was also the best to talk to then...I have been so blessed!! I remember when it all came crashing in and the divorce and custody got so hard and the school had to be finished...it was all impossible but somehow the people I wanted so badly to help turned around and were the ones extending a hand to bring me out. I remember being told time and again good things and how I wondered did you manage to reach this way in the midst of such utter nightmare? I still don't know. I remember when the summer was over and we got the chatroom .... I asked for that too...I'm glad we got it finally. I was thinking when my nightmares started and I started having such chronic pain that I would not make it and I found ChasB in the chatroom late at night. He helped me that night. Lots of you did...I am so grateful! I know I am leaving people out...Kate, and Dogger, and Vic and Seneca (who I adore) and LEXI who I want to adopt,Andrea from Italy, and Sergio where have you gone? I can't forget Skip and X-racer, Kort and Linda and Raven and Anthony and oh my stars..there are a lot of people here!!! Well you are all so special...I mean it when I say KEEP GOING...I know I forgot some names but you know that you are still special..oh Meson..and Max (don't be a stranger on my Yahoo)and Nevada and .... I would be remiss in not thanking Patricia Morton, I adore that lady she is so wonderful..I am coming back in March and you were right...5'4"...oh well....Oh I almost forgot JLB Jimmy Bennett you are so cool and fun to dine with!!!Thanks for all you do...

Last but never least..Dr. Wise Young you have been a good mentor and friend..I appreciate you for all that you do with your work and your superfine lab. I am so impressed and will nurse for you anyday! I will never forget your encouragement personally and professionally and of course we are closer to the finish lines than ever before...but we will get there all of us I know it.

After a year... looking back...well who could believe it??!!! I'm me again!!!

THANK YOU ALL AND LETS HOPE THE NEXT YEAR BRINGS WHAT WE ALL WANT...YOU UP AND OUT OF THESE CHAIRS!!!

GOD BLESS....NURSE MARY

PS There is one more person....he knows I adore him.

...and she lived happily ever after...

are we suppose to feel awwwww and cry tears.
    are we suppose to be all soft and huggy...
    ok, huggggggggggggggg for you mary

Congrats on 1 year, and all that you have accomplished. Here is to hoping the next year is better than the last. I'm sure I will see you in chat.

LOL that sounded like an Oscar acceptance speech ('I'd like to thank the Academy...'). Thanks Mary that was so sweet. We are glad you're here too.

Happy "anniversary".

Awwwwwww that was really sweet Mary.

...and i thank u for the help u offered me...

hi, da, my mack-daddy!

joy

hey sweetie

Only one year? Seems like longer than that. Probably because you've made an indellible impression on our community. Thanks for sharing your life with us and for caring that we get outta these chairs. Sure would make a group hug a lot easier. Here's to a fine future for us all as we count down to cure time.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

lets make this a forum roast to mary.

mary you are so wonderful....yeah i WONDER what your FUL of.

I'm glad you found us Mary/Ratchet.

... ...