Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quads that drive

When my legs spasm while I'm driving I slow down the car and pull over at the nearest location. Best thing to do is slow down though...that way you can't do too much damage. Avoid drinking excessive amounts of coffee or pop before too.

hawk sent me some pictures of his setup and I thought others may find it interesting...

this is an EGB push-gas / pull-brake
    he is using a wrist guard for roller blading

...and this is the steering
    he has a small pipe attached to the wrist guard to make it spin easier on the pin attached to the small steering wheel.
    many thanks to Hawk vor the pictures!

my hand controls are air-powered. there's literally a pump behind the back seat in my mini-van that i turn on every time when i drive. after a few minutes it pumps enough air into the tubing connected to my controls for them to work.

Originally posted by SlomoScott:

Liz-
    what are all the buttons for?
    why do you have two sets?
    also, how long did it take for the mods to be done? did it have to go to the manufacturer?

does anyone that drives have a problem with spasms?? this is my biggest fear. they don't happen too often, but they make it difficult/impossible to drive my chair, I don't want to think what would happen in my van.
    -the buttons are for secondary controls, shifting (P,R,N,D,1,2), stuff on dash, doors, etc.
    -actually there are four. ezlock, shifter, and two secondary control units.
    - i bought the van in September and The first time I drove it was December 1st or so. I went to the driving modification place 2 times. the first time to build it around me and chair, and second for more fitting/adjustment and state inspector (bvr requires inspection). my steering system was taken out and the one i use was shipped from Texas, I believe. otherwise, my van originally was shipped to modification place from braun lot. thats all.

spasms happen, but I control them mostly w drugs. make sure dont have anything to possibly cause ad.

maybe you could get one of those fingers that suction to the window and wave lol, to give the bird.
    -

Originally posted by Theophania:

my hand controls are air-powered. there's literally a pump behind the back seat in my mini-van that i turn on every time when i drive. after a few minutes it pumps enough air into the tubing connected to my controls for them to work.
    This sounds similar to the zero-effort system in my 1988 Ford E150 van. The gas and brake use vacuum servos, and have a standby air tank and compressor. It is interesting to note, that these vacum servos look the same as the cruise control servos found on older GM cars. For that matter, the latch on my EZ-Lock looks the same as a trunk latch on a fullsize GM car.

Noel

thanks everyone for the info, I'm going to work on my strength and range b4 I get a driving evaluation.

don't mind the pic, I want to use it for my aavitar!

Quads that drive

I have a question about hand controls
    Do any of you quads drive that steer with the left hand? I 'd love to see a few pictures of the hand controls.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by easyway View Post
    I have a question about hand controls
    Do any of you quads drive that steer with the left hand? I 'd love to see a few pictures of the hand controls.
    Thank you
    SAME WITH ME BEFORE MY accident I USED TO BE RIGHT handed AND NOW I AM LEFT-HANDED, my right arm doesn't function as well as my left ;[
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09