Thread: TerrySlusher/and searching for similar injury experiences...

TerrySlusher/and searching for similar injury experiences...

Hi Terry. I wanted to say hello and understand what you are going through from a mother's point of view. This has been very hard for me too. My friendship's have changed for myself even. My son has found that a few who we really thought would be there no matter what aren't, that hurts. Yet, there are those that do come into one's life and make a difference that is good. You will find understanding and friendships the more you reach out, it is good you came here.

I wanted to post something for my son, he is an incomplete (was complete) T5&6 post 8 mos. and has been constantly wondering about others with similar situations, his spinal cord was not severed or pierced but bruised in the T4 area, he has regained his sensation and his motor has returned some down into his hips, he has some control of things and others still not unsure about...he would like to know of the recovery of or not of anyone with this area being hurt, and what has/or has not happened for them and the amount of time involved.
    Yes, it is obvious from his questions he has hope and patiently waits to see what will be though he understands from his doctors that his break was enough to have them wonder about what he has gained so far. Would anyone be willing to share this personal info. I have tried to find one's stories of what has been for them with this area of injury to no avail.

teesieme, I'm going to move this to the "Life" forum where you may get more responses.

Keep reading the rest of this site. There's some great people and information.

Good luck.

Fortitudine Vincimus
    (Through endurance we conquer)

Thank you Chris, I had wondered where I should post this.