6 10.53%
  • Limit disability articles posted in Life to no more than 8-9 a day

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News article poll

News article poll

I apologize for starting yet another poll but the moderators would like to get a clearer idea of the direction members would like the Life forum to take regarding news article posts. If anyone has suggestions other than the ones listed, please comment.

Thank you.

[This message was edited by seneca on Nov 27, 2002 at 11:13 AM.]

[This message was edited by seneca on Nov 29, 2002 at 04:19 PM.]

Please consider voting

We are seriously trying to find an appropriate solution and would appreciate comunity feedback.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

I wonder

Who & why closed poll posted by Clipper?

First, his poll is more objective & impartial than the one posted by Seneca.(in wording)

Second, he posted his much earlier.

I think some "moderators" continuesly abusing & misusing their ability to close ,move topics (at their own please) & do not follow themselves rules they apply to us!

[This message was edited by Max on Nov 29, 2002 at 11:53 AM.]

Apparently there is no criteria for closing a topic. It is just done at the whim of certain moderators.

There were three simultaneous polls on this one topic. I'm sure all "the moderators" were trying to do by closing the other two polls was gather all of the information in one place. Maybe I'm warped, but this makes perfect sense to me. Why are some people ALWAYS assuming the worst?

martha

*Time may be a great healer but it's a lousy beautician!*

Marta

Nobody here assuming worse, I am just pointing the fact that first poll posted by Clipper could serve perfectly...
    Instead somebody decided to use her/his power to close Clippers poll & promote (in my opinion, inferior one)

Regards

I guess it's interpretation. I didn't think the polls meanings were that terribly different and in some regards Seneca's gave more options for your posting. But you can interpret that differently as you choose. HOWEVER, in both polls, the majority has asked for a separate forum for articles. So, despite how it is worded, the result seems to be the same.

martha

*Time may be a great healer but it's a lousy beautician!*

Dr. Young suggested that one way to resolve the issue of article posting in this forum, which has been brought up before, is to create a Disabilty News forum. We needed a poll to incorporate that option as well as others.

Martha, you're right about reasoning behind the decision.

Max, since you feel that this poll isn't objective, what option would you like to see added?

[This message was edited by seneca on Nov 29, 2002 at 01:42 PM.]

The poll that I posted was also closed. If taken seriously at all, it should not have been considered competition to either this poll or the one posted by Clipper. One could say that mine was designed to gauge the sentiment of article readers, but it certainly didn't seek to propose any particular solutions. Mostly it was just a lighthearted response to what I considered to be silly complaints about the posting of articles.

On the other hand, Clipper's poll contained several distinctive options, including the obvious one pointed out by Seneca.

As it stands, moderators can and do close topics for unstated and unapparent reasons. This action, usually done anonymously, prevents any further responses to a given topic and effectively assures it's quick demise. I think that if a moderator decides to close a topic, they should be required to post their name and the reasoning behind their action.