Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Intros

Great idea, JLB!

- TD, doesn't matter if we've done it before or not, look at all the new faces here!

Welcome to all our new members!

I'm the mom of a 26 year old son, who is a C4-5, injured in an auto accident almost 4 years ago.

In my many 'pre-caregiver' lives, I've been a lay midwife in South Carolina, medical transcriptionist (which was my 'day job' for over 25 years), and in the last few years, went from being an avid foodie to working in professional restaurant and catering kitchens.

Cooking is my love and passion - and therapy! I also grow bonsai, and am a 4th degree black belt in Aikido, although haven't actively studied for a few years.

Hi everyone,

As you can tell my name is Andrew
    I live in Newcastle, Australia. Had my injury in 1990, playing rugby union (a form of football) and am c4/5 quad, complete 34 y.o.
    I'm a student in perpetuity with Vet. Science, Mathematics and, by end of 2002, Commerce degrees. Then I plan on getting a job.
    Other traits/interests I possess: insomnia, love to read, stir the pot (or shit stir if that language is allowed), watching movies
    My brother prefers to say 'I march to the beat of my own drum!'
    Anything else you want to know, just ask. I give a straight answer which not everyone likes.

I'm a 47-year old mom. My daughter was injured 2 years ago (T12-L1) when thrown from a runaway horse. My interests (other than this site and SCI issues) are reading, movies, my church, word games, and my demented cat. I feel as if I know some of you, and I value this community for both its diversity of content and its singularity of purpose.

Hello.

I'm new here, living in the Philippines. Going on 6 years on December 20 of this year. Got into a vehicular accident with a truck driver on the highway. T4-T5 complete. Even then, I graduated high school with my batch, went on to take my bachelors and masters degree in industrial economics at the University of Asia and the Pacific. Planning to take up an MBA, though I haven't figured out how I'm going to finance it, given the complications. I'm currently teaching at my alma mater.

That's all for now. Hoping to make a lot of new friends here.

Thanks

Originally posted by dogger:

lizbv , a station is what you would call a ranch in the US . I own 20,000 acres so it is a bit bigger than most peoples idea of a farm , though not large by Aussie standards .

thank you
    dogger
    20,000 yes. I'd say thats quite a bit of land. Nice to read the new member introductions. I'm a c5/6 from an automobile accident in 1996. I work at an Environmental Management closure site for the Dept. of Energy. cjo, i'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend.

Hi my name is Charles and I live in North Dakota I was injured when i fell into a garbage pit while throwing out the boxes from our move into our new home. I am fairly new to the world of SCI six months as of today the 20th of Oct. I am a C6/7 incomplete. I am the father of a three and half year old boy and married to the women of my dreams now for 14 years. I work as a senior mechaic for the US Army Corps of Engineers at the Garrison Dam Hydro Electric powerplant located on the Missouri River

I'm Shannon. I was in a car accident when I was 8 years old, which was 24 years ago. I am T4/5 complete.

I was riding in a car that stopped for a stop sign. The drunk driver behind us did not stop. I was riding in the back of a station wagon without a seatbelt. Riding with me in the back were my sister and my friends Debbie and Patti. Debbie and Patti died at the scene. They were only 7 and 9 years old, and the only children of the family we were in the car with.

I'm thankful for surviving the accident and for not being injured more severly than I was. I'm thankful no one in my family died. To this day, dealing with the death of Debbie and Patti has been the hardest thing.

I've gone through phases in my life when I wanted to die. I don't know if those times were directly related to my injury though.

With time, a lot of work, and probably the help of Prozac, I'm happy now. I have a wonderful 5 year old daughter. I married a terrific guy just over 3 weeks ago.

I've been a full-time mom for the last 5 years of my life. My daughter just started kindergarten this year and now I have some free time on my hands. I'm thinking about getting a part time job, or doing volunteer work.

Hi, I'm Sue. I'm 48, T-12 incomplete. I was injured August 12, 2001 in a plane crash with my husband. We both broke our backs, he's fine now, and - among other things, my greatest supporter and best friend.

I live near Rochester, NY. I have a BA in psychology and a BS in mechanical engineering. I'm an engineer, and work for a company some people may have heard of - Kodak. I've been there 20 years.

I'm passionate about skydiving, love flying. I've been flying quite a few times this year, went just today. I miss hiking and backpacking, but someday...I also swim, and try to spend some time every day working on recovery. And I just started a distance-learning course - my first.

SUE B~ My Uncle Michael works for Kodak and lives in Rochester as well. He's been there a long time too; I think he's worked for the company for over 20 years. Do you know a Michael O'Brien?

Small world isn't it .

Erin,
    Sorry, Michael O'Brien doesn't ring a bell. But there are over 20,000 Kodak employees in Rochester. What does he do? If he works on film, I most likely would never run into him.