Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Intros

Member Intros

I noticed we have a bunch of new members- http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewire/newmembers.html I thought a good way to draw them out from the shadows whence they lurk, would be for us old members to introduce and tell a little about ourselves. Welcome newbies...

I'm Jim. I was injured in '95 from a 3 story head-first fall that somehow left me incomplete, c5/6. I live in NJ and am a Teen Center Coordinator for a non-profit organization. Some of my hobbies are writing, reading, working out and fishing. I've learned sooooo much from everyone here and am grateful I have a place to come for guidance and support.

... ...

Great Idea!

I'm Emily, a 20 year old quad ( C 7/8 ) from Alberta Canada. I was njured in a car accident on Aug. 2 2001. My hobbies are reading, playing quad rugby, chatting online, dancing, and spending time with my friends and boyfriend. I'm a university student, with an arts major in sociology.

I'm interested in hering about you!

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

I agree, great idea JLB.

Welcome newbies!!!

A little about me:

I was hit by a drunk driver at age 8 which resulted in a C8 (originally C6/7) complete (?) injury.

I'm 32 years old, married and have no children (yet ). I have a BA and an MA in Classical Civ. My interests are reading, research, health and medicine, ancient history and basically hanging out with my husband and doing whatever.

I absolutely love this site. Dr. Young is the best! CareCure is the only site on the internet where a SCI can come to get expert advice and information and commune with others similarly affected.

[This message was edited by seneca on Oct 21, 2002 at 07:53 PM.]

Hi, i'm Shawn. I'm aT10/L1 incomplete paraplegic as a result of a MVA six years ago. I'll be 28 next month and i'm all the way from South Africa. I enjoy playing wheelchair basketball, visiting CareCure, my job and i just love cruising in my car with the bass pumping! I look forward to getting to know all you new members here - welcome!

g'day

i'm new here , only joined in June 2002 . i'm 42 got injured in a MVA in March 1991. i am an incomplete C5/6 who can walk [not pretty to watch ] , married a nurse i met in hospital in 94 , divorced in 98 . got 3 kids born in 96 . i live on a sheep station [farm] in western Queensland , Australia . think this is a great site and look forward to a cure .

thank you
    dogger

[This message was edited by dogger on Oct 18, 2002 at 06:57 PM.]

Good thread!

My name is Lindsay. I'm 24 and was hit by a drunk driver in a MVA in 1984. I'm almost 18 years post, T 5-6 para. I have a BA in psychology and work for an outpatient mental health facility in Chattanooga, TN. Injoy singing, cooking, reading, music, and a lot of other things.

Originally posted by dogger:

i live on a sheep station in western Queensland , Australia
    What is a Sheep Station. I grew up on a "sheep farm" myself in the USA

My name is Tiffiny. I'm 23 and am a C6 quad. I was hurt in a diving accident in 1993 so that makes me 9 yrs. post. I have a BA in mass communications and a minor in spanish. I live in Minneapolis, MN and am a freelance political journalist. I enjoy renaissance fairs, traveling, cooking, shopping, concerts, and reading. PLUS, I run a website for women with SCI called Beauty Ability. Its at www.beautyability.com.

Intro

Hello all!

I was injured April 13, 2001 - both Good Friday and Friday the 13th. I still haven't figured out the significance of that?? I was riding with a drunk driver when I was injured. I'm a 25 year old C5/6 complete. Since my accident I have gone back to school for my Masters' degree in Information Systems. After I complete that I plan on trying to get a Ph.D. added to the back of my name while I wait for modern medicine to get us out of these chairs. The hardest thing for me is dealing with the loss of my girlfriend of 4 and 1/2 years. She was also a passenger in the car. We planned on spending the rest of our lives together and my biggest struggle is being without her. It's great to meet all of you!

I'm ~Fab~ from Italy. I am not injuried but a close friend to me she is.
    She was T 11/12 and now after bad syringomyelia (with drainage operation she had on August) she's C4/5 with so bad spasms in her torso and arms.
    I reached this forum to better learn about SCI and its consequences.

~Fab~

[This message was edited by satin010 on Oct 23, 2002 at 06:50 PM.]