Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tilite XC

Tilite XC

I am thinking of getting this chair. The XC is Tilite's top of the line folder. Is anyone out there using this chair. Any feed back.

I have had the ZRA for three weeks now and I love it. I got into my old chair, Quikie Revolution, to trim the lawn and I could not get over how ill fitting it felt. The quality of construction it class one!

T-10 complete
    10/08/01

Moose,

I have the Ti XS. The same chair but with swing away leg rests. What would you like to know?

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Moose, I have limited experience with this chair but overall its well built, good design, comfortable, etc.

Personally I gave up the "folder" because of flex issues. Imo all folders by nature of their design are pretty flexy so I went with a rigid design which is better for my needs.

As far as convenience and portability a folding chair can be very useful / beneficial.

McDuff, I'm getting ready to get a Ti XS - the VA actually ordered it months ago but there were problems with the order. Was wondering how you load it in your car - have heard a lot about how people load a rigid chair; was wondering how you load one that folds.

Mike

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Walker, Oct 2003

MikeC,

Sorry, you asked the one thing I can't answer "yet". I am still a newbie to chairs and have not started driving again yet. So far someone else loads it in a trunk for me. At least they have commented on how light it is.

I have been thinking about loading and am having trouble visualizing it. With a larger 2door, it would be the old std way of behind the seat. Was also thinking of a suicide door truck. I think it would be doable to do a "pullover you" maneuver described by the rigid chair users, but you would have to remove the appendages. Also depends on how high your back will be set at. My problems are I have all the worst case settings for loading, high back 17", anti tips, push handles.

What will you be loading into? I look forward to hearing your account as you will beaat me to loading.

Thanks, McD

Thanks McDuff. I'll let you know how I load it. I plan on loading it in the trunk - I can walk with a walker and can also side step up the side of a car as long as I lean on the car. Do the folks who load your chair now take the wheels off? I won't be setting it in the trunk gently, with my current chair I kind of grab it and sling it into the trunk and it lands the way it lands. However, my current chair is built like a tank and the wheels don't come off. I didn't know if a TI would stand up to that sort of punishment or if I'd be getting it repaired all of the time. Mine will have a high back and anti tips but no handles. Mike

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Walker, Oct 2003

Somebody must have moved this topic as I clicked on it, that was weird.

MikeC, no they do not remove the wheels, and it gets fairly abused going in the trunk. The legrests do get removed though as it is easier for me to transfer w/o them in place. So far I haven't noticed any damage or change in rolling ease. I will keep a lookout for future changes. The only thing I can think of is the spokes might not like landing on an obstruction.

If your current chair is a tank, you are gonna love the Ti. Might not even have to sling it anymore.

McD

edit: the rep told me to make sure and keep the axles lubed, especially if you don't remove them too often. Stuff tends to build up.

Thanks for the info so far. Here are some specific questions.
    - Is the XC alot lighter than a Quickie 2 HP
    - Does the folding footrest make it difficult to fold/un-fold
    - Do you think a set set of Quickie brakes w/grade aids (hill holders) would mount on XC frame
    - Since the XC is a custom built chair, how has Ti Sport been as far as getting the order straight.
    Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

- Is the XC alot lighter than a Quickie 2 HP
    According to respective websites, the Ti XC weighs in at 19lbs. The Quickie2 HP says 25lbs w/o legrests. So yeah much lighter.

- Does the folding footrest make it difficult to fold/un-fold
    I have rods low in back T8-T12, can't bend too well. That is why I got the swing-away legrests. So I remove the legrests to fold my footrests. But I don't see why the footrests would restrict folding in any way.

- Do you think a set set of Quickie brakes w/grade aids (hill holders) would mount on XC frame.
    Can't help. Couldn't find anything about them on their website.

- Since the XC is a custom built chair, how has Ti Sport been as far as getting the order straight.
    They got mine right. I think as long as you triple check the order specs they will get it right. After all, if it is wrong and you can show that the order was correct, they gotta build you a new one.

McD