Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My IMPROVEMENTS!

My IMPROVEMENTS!

I'm a C-7 on my left side and a C-6 on my right side. Went to the Doctor for all of the test to be a part of the 4-ap trial. Did all of the test and said I would be a good one to take part in it. The doctor was testing my sensation and found out that I had improved from the last time we had tested. On my left side my normal sensation is my belly button and on the right it is right below my nipple. I have normal sensation on my left side of my butt to. I have feeling all the way down except from my knee caps up to my waist, but I have pretty good sensation on my penis too. I can tell when I need to cath and when I need to goto the bathroom. I even wake up when my bladder get full at night. I know I have improved a lot since my accident... I've been hurt 5 years this past August. I do believe that Christoper Reeves is right. Things can improve after spinal cord injury. I just wish I had the funds and physical therapy he had to see how much more I could improve... I hope that 4-ap will even help me improve more...

Originally posted by Tigger:
    I just wish I had the funds and physical therapy he had to see how much more I could improve... I hope that 4-ap will even help me improve more...
    I'm totally with you on that one Tigger. I don't get anymore PT than what I can do myself, and that is limited. Money unfortunately is something you have to have to get the best therapy possible. Maybe we should storm BRI and take the PT and OTs hostage and make them give us Treadmill training everyday for 6 months? Sound like a good idea to you? JUST KIDDING! I'm glad that you were able to be a canidate for 4-AP.

Hey Erin

Sounds like a plan! Maybe we could be cell mates afterwards...jk. Dr. Kiser was talking about UAMS is trying to get a grant to get a treadmill therapy started there. I told him to keep me in mind and he said I live to far away to be apart.. I told him I could probably fix that as bad as I would hate too. I'd have to go home ever weekend and spend it with me son.

Congrats on your improvements Tigger

Hope they are permanent?

How long you take 4-ap?

Thanx

==============================
    "It was once written "To thine own self be true". But how do we know who we really are? Every man must confront the monster within himself, if he is ever to find peace without. .." Outer Limits(Monster)

Originally posted by Max:

Hope they are permanent?

How long you take 4-ap?

Thanx

Haven't started 4-ap yet.

Sounds like the movie John Q Erin,lol

Congrats on the Return Tigger, hope it keeps up.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Tigger, did Dr. Kiser say much about the treadmill training? Maybe Josh or I could hook you up with a friend or something, if you needed a place to stay if/when they get the treadmill thing going. E-mail me or something and let me know if you have any information about it. What time are you going to be at Dr. Kiser's on Thursday? Maybe Josh and I could come by and see you. Talk with ya later. Congrats and let me know about 4-ap when you start it and it takes effect.

Right on

I love seeing good news on this site. Betheny

Wow, you're becoming more and more incomplete. Are you an ASIA C yet? I think that both intense therapy and 4AP will help you immensely. You're on your way dude!

Tigger

Josh and I will come up and see you on Thursday, so plan on having lunch after your appointment. We can eat at that little Cafe right in BRI, so we won't have to drive anywhere. Unless you want to go somewhere else, which is totally cool as well. Maybe we can meet you in Dr. Kiser's office around 12:00pm or 12:15? E-mail me and let me know what you want to do :-). Good luck .

Ewww- my mom is fixing liver and onions, gotta get out of here.