Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Reeve on Larry King 9/23

Oh Marmalady PLEASE don't misunderstand me!!!!! If you can't work that's a whole other story and I completely understand!

perspective

Here's my take on this whether it be worth a thought.As a para who has had SCI longer than CR,or whoever it may be.I remember when he got injured,and had the press conference he stated he would be walking in 5 years.
    It was a slap in the face to all those people who had come before,and those who had worked for so many years before.It was like he suddenly realized there were other people in the world now.I wonder how many people in the US had heard of Rick Hansen.It was a very unselfish feat he accomplished.
    Without the money CR would be no farther ahead than anyone else folks.So the bottom line is money,not stardom.I think CR realizes the fight he's in,but hey there are a hell of a lot more people surviving on a lot less and not getting any recognition for it.And if a person is sitting around waiting for a cure then i pity them,

Murrey

Originally posted by murrey:

Here's my take on this whether it be worth a thought.As a para who has had SCI longer than CR,or whoever it may be.I remember when he got injured,and had the press conference he stated he would be walking in 5 years.
    It was a slap in the face to all those people who had come before,and those who had worked for so many years before.It was like he suddenly realized there were other people in the world now.I wonder how many people in the US had heard of Rick Hansen.It was a very unselfish feat he accomplished.
    Without the money CR would be no farther ahead than anyone else folks.So the bottom line is money,not stardom.I think CR realizes the fight he's in,but hey there are a hell of a lot more people surviving on a lot less and not getting any recognition for it.And if a person is sitting around waiting for a cure then i pity them,
    ((((((((((Murrey)))))))))))) A big hug to you!!!! VERY VERY VERY well said!!! You are not alone. We are in the same boat. Thanks man. Awesome post.

My favorite line was when CR said that "anyone" could do what he has done -- in their own home. If you happen to have a swimming pool, FES stuff, bike, 10 people helping you, etc, etc. Right.

I have a lot of respect for CR, but I do get rather sick of him.

I was a little disappointed, too when he basically said all that we (SCIs) need to do is excercise more. I have all the same fancy equipment at my disposal & yet, I'm not up and around...yet.

Again, Lindsay...Chill, girl. You make ME tense! I didn't realize this was a spelling bee. Besides, I wasn't criticizing you for your beliefs, I just misunderstood your post -- like, those who are not able to work are somehow less of a person than you. I am currently a Senior (finally) at UM and plan on going to law school. Hopefully, my health will sustain me through it. You are (relatively) lucky to be fully independant, etc.

Andrea

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. ~Albert Einstein

As a para who has had SCI longer than CR,or whoever it may be.

murrey...ya know how 1 human year is equal to 7 dog years.
    well 1 para year is equal to 7 c2 quad ventilator years.

DA

Thanks DA, i didn't actually know that glad you could enlighten me,good to see you back...

One para year...

equals seven c2 quad ventilator years.....or one c2 quad ventilator year equals seven para years?

One C2 quad ventilator year probably feels like twenty-one para years and takes that much more of a toll on the body. The risk for respiratory infection is very high, not to mention the indignity of having every orifice attended to by nurses and aides 24/7/52.

That must be what DA meant. Thanks, DA. I whole-heartedly agree.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

murrey-

If someone wants to dedicate their life to improving their health, who are you to judge them?

Secondly, you should save your worthless pity for the women/man who has the grave misfortune of sleeping with you, because they're going to need it a lot more than anyone here!

Free speech

Sorry if i hurt your feelings JLB,from now on i'll keep my opinions to myself.And if you missed the point of my post then,what can i say.I'll move on from here thank you very much...