Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Reeve on Larry King 9/23

Chris Reeve on Larry King 9/23

Chris is on Larry King (CNN) tonight at 9pm Eastern.

... ...

We have a TV Guide posting now????

Sorry...

Sorry about that, that I was tacky I know. I just sick of hearing about Reeves all the time. It has gotten EXTREMELY old, especially in the past week. Sorry about that JLB.

Thanks, JLB

I love the media blitz of late. It's probably why NY State couldn't get away with spending all their SCI money on other things. Keep it coming, CR!

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Thanks JLB

I appreciate the info. on Christopher being on Larry King tonight, will be sure to watch. Sooooo proud of him bringing so much public awareness towards sci, where would we be without him.....

Yeah...

...maybe he'll show us all how he can make his finger twitch.

I wonder if he'll comment about his "I'll be walking by the time I am 50" prediction? I'd like to see what he has to say about the difference between accomplishing that feat and his actual accomplishment?

The one good thing about CR is that he has finally stopped making his predictions and is at least regurgitating the same message we've heard from others for years.

Go CR!! Please...just go.

Originally posted by ParaDude:

Please...just go.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!

Geeez, Dude

The guy works his ass off for years, in spite of a hopelessly complete injury that he's guaranteed never to get any recovery from. Then, against all odds, he does and you still won't give him a break.

He predicted he'd be walking based on receiving a cure therapy. He's actually moving his legs based on sweat therapy. Which is the greater of the two miracles, IMO.

Something about CR really bothers you. The problem is that what angers us like that is actually controlling us. Lighten up dude. You're letting CR grab you by the balls. When he's not even trying to.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Good for Christopher Reeve the more we hear the better. Here's a tip if, you don't like it, don't watch it.

"If the wind could blow my troubles away. I'd stand in front of a hurricane."

Originally posted by Jeremy:

Good for Christopher Reeve the more we hear the better. Here's a tip if, you don't like it, don't watch it.
    LOL If only it were that easy! He's like Britney Spears, he's everywhere!! LOL

In all seriousness, I have nothing personal against the guy. It's just SCI's were around LONG before he became injured and the underdog NEVER gets acknowledged. What about all of the advocates that were around before him? Why should he get so much recognition when so many SCI's are leaving their mark on the world by working, going to school, making a life for themselves, etc.? He is not a god and should not be put on a pedestal. I wouldn't wish SCI on anyone and I'm sorry he got injured but good grief. He is no more special than you or I. Just because he's Superman doesn't make him Super.

My $.02. Please no flaming.