Thread: Mall Handicapped Parking in NY

Mall Handicapped Parking in NY

No, I'm not a mallrat, no matter what Andrea might tell you. In this area of New York, there's really no where to go for dinner or a movie etc unless you go to the Palisades Center, a huge, 4 story mall with a 20 screen movie theater, full sized restaurants like Chili's, Outback, Macaroni Grill, TGI Friday's, Mickey Mantle's, Dave & Buster's, an Imax theater, an ice skating rink, a ferris wheel & merry-go-round IN the foodcourt, etc.

As usual, they spelled my name wrong and make me sound like a dork...
    Russ Wooten likes to go to the Palisades Center mall once a week for dinner and a movie.

From his perspective, though, the mall doesn't have its welcome mat out for him or others whose mobility is limited.
    Wooten, 32, of Monsey uses a wheelchair and finds a paucity of parking spaces reserved for people with disabilities at the mall in West Nyack.

"There's only so many around," he said of the reserved parking slots, "and you can end up driving around a lot. I've driven around as much as 20 minutes."
    Click for Full Story

~Rus

"...you're not promised tomorrow, so live for today" (Stuck Mojo)

Way to go Rus!!!

For all the 180 handicapped parking spaces that are taken everyday, I bet you won't see 180 people in wheelchairs at the mall on any day.

Originally posted by seneca:

Way to go Rus!!!

For all the 180 handicapped parking spaces that are taken everyday, I bet you won't see 180 people in wheelchairs at the mall on any day.
    I rarely EVER see someone in a w/c in NY, much less often at the mall.

~Rus

"...you're not promised tomorrow, so live for today" (Stuck Mojo)