Thread: mobility breakdown

mobility breakdown

I have a F-150 outfitted like the Toyota Tundra at www.bruno.com
    Thursday the wheelchair lift quit for about an hour then saturday the Turney seat quit. Does anyone have any of these products and have you had problems? I have made three payments on the truck and only able to drive it for two weeks.
    I am realllllllly starting to get mad!!!!!!!!!!

This is only my opinion but the more "things" you have that can break down the more probs you will have. I only use what I have to to get by simple hand controls and picking autos that are suitable will make life a lot easier.

Wheelinarcher, I have the tundra w/canopy and lift, but no turny to get in the cab. I am a c8 incomplete for anyone wondering. It has been about two months for me and no break down yet, fortunately. One problem I have had is it seems that slop has developed in the lift arm. Once it is swung back in the bed it wobbles back and forth while I am driving in rougher conditions or go around corners. Did your lift get stuck while it was deployed? Or was your chair stuck in the back? Sounds almost like you are having wiring/electrical probs if both systems stopped working.

jpw

after looking at cars and the problems I had with my long legs I knew that was not an option. Then once I looked at vans I couldn't see throwing a bloody deer or two in on the carpet so I went with the truck. I know I could get in and out but the salesman did a good job and now I have all kinds of stuff on it. They just came to pick it up so we'll see what happens and keep you all posted. Thanks

sorry jpw I was called away and forgot to answer you. Yes i have a loose lift once put in the truck but it is only about 6" or so. The first breakdown was at the store and I was leaving the wheelchair lift quit when it was in but not boomed down and the chair was suspended up. I was so mad I put the cap down as far as it would go and drove home, about 2 miles. Then saturday my 7 year old and I went for groceries and the turney seat would not come out when I got there. so........ I was surprised how fast a 2000 F-150 would burn.

mobility breakdown

Bushman we hae had a bruno in our dodge ram pickup for 4 years, about a monyh ago it quit going up and down so it wont clear the side of the truck, i took it tothe mbility shop and they hadto ordera new motor because thay have cork seals and when they rot water gets in and then rust, buti have to say that this s the first trouble we have had with it in 4 yrs. i have to agree it sounds like a wireing thing take it back to the place itwas installed (if you can) they should fix it if it is their bad installation. good luck

update

they came and picked up my truck. I thought I would get out of the 2 1/2 hour trip but they want me to come get it. The seat didn't work due to a microswitch that got stuck. They say its now lubed good that it will "never" happen again. They can't find anything on the lift. I go tuesday to pick it up. It makes for a long day.