Thread: the back of chair....

the back of chair....

I have a New Halls wheelchair. I love the chair itself, but the back that comes with it isnt the best. I was wondering if anyone here has a different back and what back's are out there. I know there is a Jay-back, but dont know the benefit/drawbacks to it, or other backs for that matter.... any help would be great.
    thanx,
    -torsten

Whatever you do, do not get the Jay Active back. It is the biggest piece of crap in the world. It never stays in the right place and the support is terrible. It's a great way to ruin your posture.

Too bad Lay-Z-Boy didn't make wheelchair seats.

Your seat back depends on your level of injury - do you need more or less support? We've ordered seat backs from www.sportaid.com - prices are good, and they do a good job of evaluating what back is the best for you; talk to Jimbo, he's the best!

i have an infinity low back....alot of the people around here love em but i am having trouble getting mine right....maybe i am just picky like that...
    WHY MUST BEING IN A CHAIR BE SO UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!

thanx

thanx guys.... all help is great! much appriciated

I have a new hall hallmark with (like shorty) an infinity low back. It seems to go well with the chair. I did have problems getting the mounting hardware to stay put on the back posts but solved it by pegging the clamp to the post with a metal screw after tightening it in place.

jpw