Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urocare Latex leg bags

Urocare Latex leg bags

I ordered a Urocare Latex legbag from USA (I live in Brazil) that arrived recently with a Roho Quadtro Select Low Profile cushion.
    Well, I ordered some connectors that don't fit the legbag.
    I have a simple question for those who use this kind of legbag.
    How do you connect the external catheter to the legbag? Do you use these connectors? How do you use them?
    Does the external catheter go throught the red valve in it or it goes up to where the valve is without passing through it?
    Thanks for anyone who can help.

Urocare bag

If you have a Urocare bag like I am familiar with, you attach the bag to your external using a straight connector (just about any connector will work) and a length of latex tubing (there are many sizes...don't get it too small). The latex tubing then connects to the white connector at the top (wider, red valve end) of the bag. Don't remove the red valve except for cleaning.

At the far (narrow) end of the bag, you can attach the "quad clamp" (if you bought one) that makes it much easier to drain on your own. Many people extend the length of the drain tube with another length of latex tubing.

(KLD)

Thanks a lot.
    Unfortunately, I didn't order the latex tubing you're mentioning nor the clamp.
    I only bought the tubing connectors.
    Such a simple and cheap thing for you there that gets so much complicated for the proper and easy daily use of the leg bag I ordered.
    They will probably not send these things to me without high costs of shipping.
    These kinds of products are not available for sale here in Brazil.

I'm not lucky, indeed. The brand new Roho Cushion that arrived to me is defloating (don't know if that's the right word - air is going out of the cushion)
    Anyway, thanks for the information.

Fernando,

Is your Roho cushion a Quadtro? If you don't follow the instructions exactly, it will not inflate correctly.

Yes, Rustyjames. It is a Quadtro but the problem is not inflating it but deflating.
    I follow the instructions to inflate it but after few time, it deflates.
    Think air is going out throught the ISOFLO system in it.
    It is another problem to me 'cause I may have trouble to change or having it fized for living overseas.

Do you have any idea of what I should do to solve this?

Fernando, other than the clamp, these are not specialty items (the tubing and connectors) and should be readily available in Brazil, esp. in a city the size of Rio. Check with your SCI clinic or physician.

(KLD)

Fernando,

The ROHO Group
    1-800-851-3449, ext. 2006
    TomB@therohogroup.com

He's very helpful and can probably correct your problem. You'll also find a lot of information by doing a "Roho" search at: wheelchairjunkie Good luck.

The problem of the legbag was solved.
    I found a place here that sells connectors and I even bought the clamp that is actually useful.
    The Roho cushion I sent it to USA by mail for some extra expenses and I hope it comes back to me replaced or fixed as soon as possible.
    Thank u all.

that bloody little red valve thingy...

...is an anti-reflux valve, btw (prevents urine from flowing back up from the bag). when cracking a new bag, always dismantle the top part to make sure that its 'pierced'. in other words, make sure that liquid will pass through it when its installed properly. a good way to test this is to do exactly that - run water thru it from the tap or however. i've gotten snookered a couple of times when that red rubber stayed intact (ie. not properly cut or moulded), and we had to undo the whole frickin system. hope this saves headaches for someone somewhere.

"work like you don't need the money - love like you've never been hurt - dance like nobody's watching"

Problem with Roho

I sent an e-mail to this Mr. TomB at Roho and didn't receive an answer.
    I sent my Roho Quadtro Select Low Profile cushion that was deflating (air is coming out through the ISOFLO system) by mail to be fixed or, the proper action, replaced.

I am worried that it never comes back to me in Brazil because I didn't receive any answer from them.

I also call but the person responsible is never there.

Do you have any suggestions of what I should do?

The cost of it makes relatively expensive for Brazilian standarts.
    A money I couldn't lose like this.
    Furthermore, I need the cushion a lot, otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it.

Any suggestion would be welcome.