View Poll Results:

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't believe in any form of god

16 28.07%
  • Believe in god as an impersonal "force", karma, universal balance, etc.

11 19.30%
  • Believe in a personal god, but don't adhere to any religion

13 22.81%
  • Strongly adhere to one particular religion

15 26.32%
  • Other (please elaborate)

2 3.51%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spiritual preference

Spiritual preference

What does everyone believe? Or not believe?

And has it changed since your SCI?

Just curious.

Interesting Question

I guess I argue with God now more than I ever did before I got acquainted with SCI...then I think that He put the first little quad girl in my hands on Sept. 11 which started all of this for me and while it is a strange thing to say, being involved with the field of SCI has humbled me greatly, and maybe that is one of the good things happening as a result of all of this. I need God in my life, at my center to balance all of the inequities that are always a part of living. I need Him to make sense of things but I don't always remember to listen so I suppose that I believe that He is the one that stays put and I am the one who comes and goes and gets reminded when I am not where I am supposed to be.

Well that is some of it anyway...

Mary

Was raised Roman Catholic...

but walked away for reasons best left alone. I went through a lot of searching, looking into a lot of different religions. I had some bad experiences which are best left to another time. I discovered all the major ones had one common thing...they all believe in one all-powerful entity who created the universe. From there they went in all different directions. I came to a personal decision that I did not need organized religion to have faith or to worship my Creator. There are two subjects now which I refuse to become heatedly involved: religion and politics. Both are repleat with zealots who divert everyone else's attention from things that are truly important.

"And so it begins."

I believe we are nothing more than intelligent animals with self awareness. Therefore we create all kinds of ideas such as "souls" and "God". We create these things to explain and/or justify things that cannot be explained and to try to create some kind of "purpose" to our existance.

My wife is Budhist. I was born Roman Catholic.

How could you look around and not believe in a higher power. Personally, I am Human on the "Way". Also, known as a Christian but I think people spend too much time trying to be a great Christian and forget about being a good human. But, I believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God and I believe his teachings. I think that my accident has brought me a lot closer to God. And I also think that we have a lot more to look forward to when this life is over.Just my opinion!

It's easy to look around and not believe in a higher power, especially a higher power that's supposed to be loving and merciful. As the saying goes, you don't hurt the one you love, yet look how many innocent people get hurt.

This view is not necessarily mine.

Originally posted by Joshua:

How could you look around and not believe in a higher power.
    According to results so far, at least 4 people posting here do - myself included.

I was/am brought up roman catholic; don't attend weekly mass, but follow the religion,,,generally. Definitely believe in God,,,''i could have never survived/thrived 20+ yrs of relative healthy quadood.''

Gaia, The Goddess, The Wise Woman, She who was here before we came to feel terrible, sinful and bad. Go back to the oldest civilizations and you will find her and the circle of life. We are all a part of her and we are all divine.

One of these days all of our questions will be answered. For the people that don't believe in a higher power, what do you think happens after we die? I'm not trying to say that I'm right and people that don't believe in a higher power are wrong. I don't think that you can say I'm wrong either. We will only know when we die.