Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hooked on Country

I can´t help it; country music would be the perfect torture method to get info out of me. Now if you really like pain, try listening to GERMAN country music (and I don´t mean Volksmusik). Just make sure you have a barf bag in your backpack handy. However, if you have constipation problems, then a half hour of this stuff will do the trick. Make sure your at home though!

Originally posted by Curtis:

I thought you decieded to stop harrassing us on this Site?

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred
    I found out that 'fu**' isn't censored here. I can 'fu**' twice in the morning, 'fu**' in the afternoon, and 'fu**' all night long should I choose to do so on this site. So, basically, the fu**ing is what brought me back. Isn't that why everybody is here?

[This message was edited by Curtis on Jun 22, 2002 at 08:47 PM.]

Today's country music is shit. If you want to hear country music, listen to some Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash, George Jones, or Gram Parsons.
    Hey Ron, I knew there was something decent about you. lmao

this site is can be accessed by Children

Vulger language will not be tolerated.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

thx curtis. i was going to ask this.

Originally posted by Curtis:

Vulger language will not be tolerated.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred
    Thank You

[This message was edited by Curtis on Jun 23, 2002 at 03:06 PM.]

Curtis

The funny thing is, the second paragraph in your original post would make a great new start to a C & W song.

I like some of the newer C & W songs too.

Russ Byrd

I didn't know that Germans listened to German country music. I mean that's why all the music in Stuttgart is DixieLand jazz, everyone in Munich knows all the words to American country music (ever heard Rocky Top with a Bavarian accent?)and anyone older than 3 in Berlin listens to Wagner..

Curtis, thanks. Believe it or not, despite my background, I prefer CW, and even blue-grass, to other music. I caught the bug when I lived in Iowa and my visits to Texas. Unfortunately, New York and New Jersey are not particularly good for CW or BG. Or perhaps I have not had the time to look.

Russell, I agree that the Curtis' second paragraph would be good verse for a great CW song. Maybe somebody can provide the music and we could have our own CareCure CW band. StarlightAngel, Chris2, and undoubtedly others here are guitarists... Incidentally, I think that we should put Starlight's Dr. Seuss poem to song. Oh, Bilby's poem would be fabulous in CW rhythm.

Sue, total agreement. You can walk on the backstreets of Tokyo and find blue grass bars. Jazz and blues bars are much more popular and frequent in Heidelberg than German folk song bars. There is something about American music that reaches the soul, even when people cannot understand the words.

Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on Jun 23, 2002 at 10:07 AM.]

Yeah Sue,

The last song I heard was, "Ich bin ganz verruckt, Ich fahr ein Pick Up Truck"

Seemed like it had some kind of pseudo CW accent that tries to copy how CW songs are preformed in the states.

Blah!