Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanking family members

Thanking family members

How does go about thanking the people who essentially allow them to live a relatively normal life? My parents do so much for me, and I love them more than words can express. I would love to do something to let them know how MUCH I appreciate & love them. Somehow, cards and flowers don't seem enough.

Any ideas? (Beyond telling them - which I do every morning and night!)

Thanks

Cuando el amor te llame, siguelo, aunque sus caminos sean abruptos y escarpados ~Kahlil Gibran

Andrea

When your parents see you smile and joy on your face as you go through your days then they sleep better. It is a bigger challenge with sci but that rule flows across the board for when you love someone it is truly defined in action and they most certainly love you. When my children are laughing and there is a sparkle in their eyes as they come and they go, I know I have had thanks enough. Why don't you put your mind to writing a tribute to your parents, each individually. Share what you appreciate and what they each mean to you. Have them printed and framed and present it at a family celebration. They will love that more than you can imagine! This kind of gift will last generations and serve as a part of their legacy into your own family one day...

Just a thought,

Mary

I have thought about doing something simular... I know in the past when I have taken the time to really write something that came from the heart my family has truly treasured it, even if I didn't frame it because I didn't think it was anything spectacular. I think you should give it a try...

One day at a time...

How about showing them your posting on this thread?

Mum xx

Life is what happens to us while we're making other plans. - John Lennon

I LOVE getting wonderful cards and letters from my daughter. She says the most beautiful things in them - making us out to be better than we really are! Anyone who gets a card from her knows that it will be a tear-jerker....but we love them. I never thought of getting them framed. That's a wonderful idea.

Words (and actions) mean more to loved ones than anything else ever could. Your parents will love to get a heart-felt letter/card/poem from you - and especially framed. Nothing could beat that!

Good Luck, Darlene

PS - I just noticed that your injury was from falling off a horse.....the same as my daughter, except her injury is T12. Ten days after her accident she had her boyfriend trailer her horse up to the hospital so she could see him and forgive him. It was quite a sight to see the truck and trailer with two horses poking their heads out, and my daughter in her gorgeous hospital nightie with all the bells and whistles attached to her, reaching out to pet them with a huge smile on her face. It brought tears to my eyes.

Darlene

Thank you for replying. Those are all great ideas, but, I have a hard time EXPRESSING my emotions to my family members - we are not very affectionate. If I wrote something, it would be a sobbing mess! Maybe that would be a good thing? I'll keep them in my mind.

Karen's Mom - that is cool that you now don't carry the hatred of horses that my mom does! She never understood my love of them to begin with; now she flat-out despises them. As for me, I could go my life w/o being on one again! I have no desire to see either the horse or my friend or his family who owns her.

Cuando el amor te llame, siguelo, aunque sus caminos sean abruptos y escarpados ~Kahlil Gibran

I do things all the time because words just don't seem like enough. I purchased a "spa day" from a local beauty shop, gift certificates for dinner at restaurants they enjoy, and the biggie -- sent them on a cruise!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by -Andrea-:

Thank you for replying. Those are all great ideas, but, I have a hard time EXPRESSING my emotions to my family members - we are not very affectionate. If I wrote something, it would be a sobbing mess! Maybe that would be a good thing? I'll keep them in my mind.

Same here too, andrea I have trouble saying how i feel on the inside. I was always a person on the outside looking in, but always had a hard time telling outsides how my insides felt so the outsides could feel my insides with their isides ( im complictated this is complicated , it may take them years to bite it) you know.....

I have no desire to see either the horse or my friend or his family who owns her.

Andrea did your friend or his family come to see you?? When I first came to be in this position 3/28/97 a night i'll never forget.. Everything was lovely me and my so-called friends was relaxing with some of the a-1 females from the north and south high schools.. We was hanging at a boardwalk, they were all walking around,and me g-swift im cool as ice, I was chilling on a railing sitting down and everybody said i lost my balance and fell backwards on my neck,some say somebody was horseplaying and made a mistake and push me,some said i jump... but whatever happen it was some rocks there and some water i found out later.... But when i was in rehab at tirr a nurse came in to turn me at 3 a.m. The old lady ask me what were yall doing ( she had read my charts , my mind told me) you were drinking... I grew puzzled... DRINKING????? So I couldn't sleep after that im still puzzled about the drinking part but i didnt question her.......

So the next morning a nurse came help me get dress for pt and she said them boys knew better than that and i said what.... She said you had a alchol count 9. something they shoulda brought you home andd she said i blame them and then another one of my compadre said he blame them to.. Ever since that day i blame them...... I had forgot i was drinking before wee went to boardwalk if the nurses would have never brought it up i still be lost... My beautiful & grandeur mother still doesn't know that i had a alchol count like that... its 5yrs later , never had the heart to tell her. ill post more later i9m going deep, i have to resurface...... but andrea do you think deep down inside you wish they would come visit you? but they don't thats why you don't have any intentions on seeing them. cause they dont come see you..

Mad-Producer

Yes, the guy came to see me, but his family did not. The reason I hate them is mainly because after the injury, my riding clothes and boots were cut off at the scene. The guy brought them back to his home and my mom called his mom one day b/c she wanted to pick them up [I'm not sure WHY, but anyway] his mom was very cold to her and said, I'm not going to be here; I'll tell the housekeeper you'll be stopping by." That's it. No, "How's your daughter". Nada. It takes a cold-hearted bitch to not even care enough to ASK. They also had their slimeball attorneys accost me IN MY HOSPITAL room and start asking questions and RECORDING them. Luckily, my attorneys had told me to keep my mouth closed in case they pulled that trick and they could file MORE charges. Stupid bastards.

Anyway, can you feel my hostility that remains? This was a very good catharsis, actually!