Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What time do people get up in the mornings and how long does it take you to get ready?

What time do people get up in the mornings and how long does it take you to get ready?

I do my bowels do very morning and it usually takes me 3 hours to get ready.
    My alarm goes off, say at 7 and I NEED about 15-20 mins to persuade myself to get up. I get up, go downstairs via lift and get some breakfast and by the time I'm ready to get on my shower chair its 8. Then I do my bowels and wash which takes me an hour or so to do and then it takes about 30 mins to get dressed and up. Then I faff about doing hair and make-up and gathering stuff to take out of the house (for school) and its 10.15!
    I never sleep in past 10 cause I would have no time left to do anything else!
    Anyone else have a better routine? I wish mine could be quicker (and more organised!)

For me..

I get up at 4:00 a.m.. This gives me plenty of time to shower, put my makeup on, do my hair etc., do mt Tae Bo, cath and get dressed and be out the door for work by 6. I have about an hour commute to work so I have to get started early But I love it!

T-12

I get up at 6A, but not for extra time to do anything special. If I bust ass, I can be up and at'em with bowel evacuation, shower, and dressing in an hour.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
    - Allen Ginsburg

Routine

I'm a c5/c6 complete quad. I do my bowel program every other morning. I have a lady come in at 5 every morning during the week so on bp mornings we do suppository in bed first thing, wait 5-10 minutes then get up on shower chair and I do my business in 20-30 minutes then we shower, do hair, teeth then back to bed to dress then up and out. On bp mornings I'm out of the house by 7:15, on non bp mornings it's 6:00-6:15.

I'm way to lazy to get up and get all those things (bowel, shower, etc) done in the early morning, so I do them during the evening or night. I hate being rushed when I first wake up. I like to hit the snooze a few times, drink my coffee, and get my stuff together.
    When I do all the 'personal care' things later in the day, I don't feel rushed and am not on a time restraint. I can take a nice long relaxing shower, don't have to quickly dry my hair, and not worry so much if it takes longer for my bowels to empty. Plus, I can make sure to eat foods with enough fiber during the day to assist in the process lol!

Depends but usually up at 9 and done by 11 on BM days ( MWF) or 10 on shower days. I get help, or else it would take forever.

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible
    to find it elsewhere."
    --Agnes Repplier, writer and historian

Early Up

I am up at 5:15 every day, do what I have to do to get ready, wake kids at 7:30 to have them dressed and out the door by 8:45. Most of the work is done in the evening, setting out clothes, making lunches, etc. I spent about 2 hours per evening to make the mornings faster. FYI, I work from home, my comute is short and I am at a desk by 9 am. I am incomplete and ambulatory but it does not necessary mean that getting ready is quick.

being a complete quad i need help and my caregivers have all got kids so they come in at 9am and 10am on weekends. takes about 2hrs on bowel days and on non ones i usually stand or do other exercises. never eaten breakfast so dont have to worry about that....

floyd

I am T11 and pretty lazy, so I get up at 0530 and am out the door and in my car by 0630 at the latest. I shower, dress, brush teeth, do hair, etc in the morning, but don't have time for anything else. I eat on my way to work (don't ask how!) or at my desk if I have time before meetings and other stuff that always comes up. Now the weekends are another story entirely.

I have an AB friend who gets up at 0330 so she can shower, do hair, laundry, watch TV (she watches soaps taped the day before -- ick). She leaves her house at 0600, which seems like such a waste of good sleeping time to me! I have to admit, though, she has absolutely perfect hair!

7:00am. 45 mins with help. About 2hrs without.

Onward and Upward!