Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing to do...

Nothing to do...

How to fight boredom? Once again, I'm home with nothing to do... Wish I had a hobby, what do you guys do? I'm tired of eatching TV, reding, and the net. Weekends are the worst..
    Hey, just realized this is the first May long weekend I haven't gone camping in at least 5 years...at leat I wont be hungover for the rest of next week...

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible
    to find it elsewhere."
    --Agnes Repplier, writer and historian

same, i getted bored easy especially when my mates are doing other things. its hard having to rely on other people to go out and do things.....actually i getted pretty bummed about it.

floyd

Emi,,,i understand how you feel,,,just try to keep your mind occupied, don't let it idle, it'll work against u. Emi, take a surf over to ''raven's'' website and link on to her chat board .
    ,,,,Floyd, go over to raven's.

what's raven's adress?

QUADS!

Who watches the show? I love it, it's funny.
    But, I am so sick of staying home. I moved to Edmonton because of my injury, all alone last year. I need to go out and meet people. I can't wait to go back to university.
    Anyhow...advice taken...Thanks!

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible
    to find it elsewhere."
    --Agnes Repplier, writer and historian

computer games, paint ceramics (doesn't require artistic talent ), write something you would enjoy reading ...

I wish I had time to be bored

I find there is not enough time in the day.

You are a new SCI, right? Push yourself, you haave to re-discover life. This doesn't mean you have to give up on the joys of the past, just adapt.

Camping in the wilderness is great, you can unclip your legbag and drink all the beer you want.

Noel

Noel do you mean unclip your leg bag and pee all over the forest floor!? I'm a little confused at that remark!

emi i thought you were so happy with plenty of things to do.
    now you see how i feel. your only 10 months post, imagine 16 years
    of this crap.

Curing Boredom

I live in a small town (7,000 population) and retired. I do some of the same activities I did pre-SCI. I volunteer at a downtown business association in the marketing department once or twice a week; try to work out at a local gym at least once a week; belong to a civic club that meets twice monthly in the evening where we down a couple of martinis and a great meal. The rest of my daylight time is taken with visits to my docs and therapy. Not much time for me to get bored. Just get out there!