Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mopping Floors

Mopping Floors

OK, this really isn't SCI related, but definitely life related.

I just got done mopping my kitchen floor, and it's a big-ass eat-in ketchen with crappy vinyl floor tiles. They look like cermaic tiles on first glance, but they're vinyl, and they're a bitch to clean and keep clean. The question is, what's the best cleaner for vinyl floors? I use Mr. Clean usually, but sometimes I have to go over it a second time with plain water to get rid of the film it leaves, a film that catches dirt as I roll on it or a friend walks on it.

The hardwood floors are easier to keep clean. I think I need a maid to come in once a month and clean thoroughly so I'm not working so hard. It is a good workout though...but I digress.

I much prefer ceramic, and they have it in my bathroom, but I guess they're too cheap to put it in my kitchen.

~Rus

"Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams" (SR-71)

I haven't tried one yet

But I was going to try one of those Swifters, or one of their competitors. Have you seen them? Like a mop, but no rinsing and they look very light.

Originally posted by blue:

But I was going to try one of those Swifters, or one of their competitors. Have you seen them? Like a mop, but no rinsing and they look very light.
    Yeah, I have one. The Swiffer Wet cloths are great for routine cleaning, but if you track in mud or don't keep up with it, you need a sponge mop or a rag mop. The Swiffer isn't so great on my vinyl floor, but works well on the hardwood floors.

~Rus

Uhhh...

I read this twice: What's your point?!

Cuando el amor te llame, siguelo, aunque sus caminos sean abruptos y escarpados ~Kahlil Gibran

Originally posted by -Andrea-:

I read this twice: What's your point?!
    LOL! I'm trying to find out what cleaning solution is BEST for vinyl floors.

~Rus

[This message was edited by Scorpion on May 17, 2002 at 09:30 PM.]

The question is, what's the best cleaner for vinyl floors?

A WOMAN....

Originally posted by DA:

A WOMAN....
    Gee, such chivalry. Bet you have women pounding your door down.

Cuando el amor te llame, siguelo, aunque sus caminos sean abruptos y escarpados ~Kahlil Gibran

(As mom says) On your hands and knee's with soap and water...Yeah, sure! I think that the commercial floor soap works est. I can't remember what it's called but it's bright green and I used to scam it from KFC when I worked there. But I don't even clean my own place now, so I don't know.

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible
    to find it elsewhere."
    --Agnes Repplier, writer and historian

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????
    emi mom agrees with me.

Scorp,,,try using a hard bristle brush at the end of a broomstick. You can find it in home depot, they have them for cleaning/scrubbing wood decks. While you're there, check out the ''zep'' line for industrial floor cleaning solution. ''Happy Scrubbing .''