Thread: Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

I have enjoyed reading things here. Many things have helped my spirits and my of you have been so kind to share a thought or two with me. I am still very new at this compared to many of you here, being just a little over a year ago that I was injured. In the few months that I have been back home with my family we have struggle to adjust to this and make sense out of life. I see all this debate about a cure. I wonder if it is possible for us to be civil and kind and respect each other. Certainly I'd like to be cured, and my family would be overjoyed.

I am afraid to even say that I am trying to accept my new life but I am. I don't think I'll be cured next week or next month or maybe even next year, so I have to try on go on with my life, if for no other reason that my girls who deserve a mother so much. Somehow the seems to be a sentiment buy some that this is not acceptable, and even thinking about trying to accept things as they are is somehow not politically correct in their minds and therefore not correct for everyone concerned.

I hope we can go back to helping each other learn to live each day the best we can. I know I am trying, and that it is very difficult most of the time. But I am learning, and so is our family.

Sorry for rambling so long, but I needed to ay something.

Sharon

Sharon,
    If you feel you are able to get on with your life, do it! I am 9 months post and thats what I've done. As for DA, and that bunch- ignore them. Thats just how some people deal with this situation. There are many of us here who are able to enjoy our lifes just as they are as we wait for the cure.

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
    --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor

I Agree

Sharon,i agree with you...We all need positive support.We all have our individual struggles.Some harder than other's.Your children are your blessing because,they will be your greatest encouragement...All the best..Your worth it.

Staying positive is your greatest asset

and the rest of the nay-sayers on here are dragging you down. I am afraid that civility has gone by the wayside for several members of this board so, as EMI suggested, ignore them. When you see their names skip over that section of the posting that interests you. You can allow the anger and frustration of your life to control you or you can control your anger and frustration and turn that energy into a positive force. It is your choice and the nay-sayers you refer to have decided to let their anger and frustration to control them. It is not worth it.

On a positive note, you could use such posting to help educate your daughters on the type of people to stay away from. Explain that such people will only tear them down and should be pitied for their negativity. Anger hurts only those who allow it to control their lives. It exposes the person's frustration with their lives and the futility of their predicament.

"And so it begins."

Sharon, find your own way. Do what you need to for you, and the naysayers be damned.

~Rus

"..because you're not promised tomorrow"

Sharon, there are more warm hearts here than you'll find anywhere. The one's whose hearts aren't so warm - it's not up to us to get them to the furnace. They all have to get there themselves.

Family support is so important, and it sounds as tho you have a wonderful support system going.

"Dare to hope" - not my quote, comes from a much wiser woman than I!