Thread: I am soo excited!!!

I am soo excited!!!

Hey guys... I'd say cross your fingers for me but I know for some of us that is very difficult or impossible, so find something you can cross. I am really hoping that I will get to move into an independant living facility relatively soon. I am sooo excited. I can hardly contain myself.
    I currently live in a fairly small communtiy which is not very accessible. I am hoping to move into the city and finally get a life. My name is almost at the top of the list and I'm really hoping they call me soon. I know that they currently have an opening that they are trying to fill and if I don't get called on that one I know that they will have an opening again in a couple of monthes. Anyways, I'm just soo excited and I had to tell someone that would really understand why I am so excited.
    My AB friends don't really get it. They see my beautiful house, which it is, and they don't get why I'm willing to give it up for a fairly smaill apartment. But, here in town the only public transportation is a door to door service that only runs during the day during the week, for a wheelchair pick up a lot of the time you have to schedule fairly far in advance. I am lucky to have any transportation though, many people don't. And because it is a smaller town the pool of people willing to do personal care is extremely small. So, I have to be willing to get up and go to bed around their schedules, which sometimes is a pain in the butt.
    I apologize, I am very very lucky that my life is as good as it is. I have been blessed with a lot of things that others don't have, good caregivers, a nice home, etc. But, I am a social person. Spending most of my days at home by myself, except the 1 or 2 hours that my caregivers are here, is really starting to depress me. I want to get out and live life!
    Thanks for letting me vent. I am just rather frustrated today. It's been one of those days. I hope you are having a better day and I hope life is treating you well.

GREAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!! congrats... good luch

Me.

good luck

i have my fingers crossed for ya. think positive!

If it makes you happy......

I say if moving to the city to be more social makes you happy then you should go for it.

Sorry to see that you feel lonely and isolated..a big hug to you and I hope this time will pass.

When you move to the city, meet some new friends, go sleep through an opera!

Russ Byrd

Glad things are looking up!

... ...