Thread: Home Again

Home Again

Well, I'm back in my hometown for the first time since my accident last summer...It's nice seeing my frinds/family but sooo hard to be places where I run into memories of my previous life. It's unbelievable how much our lives can change in an imstant.
    And I'm so conspicuous and invisable at the same time- ppl who knew me well ignore me, ppl who I don't remember act like were long lost friends, ppl who hated me give me hugs, nasty ex-boyfriends hit on me out of sympathy. All I can say is AT LEAST MY BEST FRIENDS ARE STILL REAL (and wonderful- they even help me cath). At least in this situation we findout who our real friends are!

AND I DANCED AGAIN!!! I thought it would be too weird, and I was sad at first (esp. when confronting my ghosts of my booty shaking self on the floor) Oh well, C'est la vie.

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
    --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor

I'm glad you had a chance to go home, Emi. It's probably bittersweet, and I hope it's more sweet for you than bitter. It sounds like you have some great, kick ass REAL friends who love you for bein' Emi, and not for any other reason. Hope you have a blast, don't kill anybody on the dance floor I know I've whacked into a few myself when dancing, lol. Take care,
    -Bob