Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Easily add a photo to your user profile

best handcycle on the planet

Freedomryders top of the line handcycle

Jeff:

Like that kayak guy pic u posted once (don't ask me why) u said it wasent u but... it staid as u oh well,

Me.

A Picture Says a Thousand Words

Human Cannonball aka John:

I don't get it. You look like the picture or the poster of someone who is in excellent health. What is your secret? Is it something in the water? Or is it a medication or vitamin supplement that allows you to look so normal and uninjured.

PN

The Human Cannonball is a lucky SOB

No doubt being a walking quad is a tough road to go...but I'd give my left n--, uh pinky toe to be able to just stand & transfer. Anyway, cool pics, everybody.

Btw, how does a quad stop a handcycle? Can it be set up so pulling counter-clockwise on the pedal sprocket brakes like my bike back in the day?

Here's a picture of me & my bros right before giving our dog Duke a bath (circa 1975)...can you spot the l'il Scorpion (aka Rusty)?

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

[This message was edited by Scorpion on Mar 19, 2002 at 03:01 AM.]

Geeez, Scorpion

I feel no matter which one I picked it would be an insult, lol. Looks just like photos of me and my bro's at an early age. I think I gotta go with the youngest, in the middle. He seems to have the same facial shape as you and looks to have a receding hairline already. he he he My next choice would be the oldest, on the left, and lastly the middle bro, on the right. He looks like he'll never experience hair loss!!

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Nice try, Jeff...

You picked my little bro. I'm the one with all the hair! Yep, I had great hair till I was about 21 or 22. I did notice a slight receding at 20, but not too noticeable. Not a bad guess, though. He & I look similar now.

With great hair comes great respondsibility. And I squandered my years with that great hair, not using it to its fullest potential. Alas, now it's now mostly gone. I stopped worrying over it years ago though. It's either a buzzcut or Mr. Clean for me now.

My little bro recently started losing his hair. (Thanks, Dad) Our older bro will probably have a thick head of hair till the day he dies.

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

I'm always wrong when I attempt these things

I should make my best guess then go with the opposite!

Thanks for sharing your photo.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

To PN and Scorpian

Scorpion: Thanks for the kind response:

to answer your question about stopping on a handcycle, their is a hand brake attached to the frame away from the gears(about 8=12 inches away from your chest. Of course you would have to have use of your hands. After a little practice it is easy to control.

To Pn, Thank you also for the kind words. After being one of the few that even walked out of RIC here in chicago(c-7 1992)I vowed to do whatever it takes to keep the function I maintained. My exercise and diet program are great. No extra vitiamins or supplements. I work out 3 times a week and walk in a local heath club pool consistently . MY diet is excellent and I stay away from the many vices available in life:

I have had 2 shoulder surgeries, a baclofen pump 2 tendon transfers from 93-95 and finally last april a total left shoulder replacement. I do have many balance problems, severe spasticty, neuropathic pain and can fall at any time, but that's the price I'm willing to pay.

I know their are thousands that wish they had the return I have, I only hope science can finally provide more function, independence and finally a cure for those.

OK Cannonball

All I can say is, "Keep up the good work."
    PN

Scorpion's hair

Whether you have a full head of hair or none at all, remember: It's the hair on the INSIDE that counts!