View Poll Results:

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Able Bodied

9 52.94%
  • In a chair but able to get up and walk anytime

6 35.29%
  • In a chair and CANNOT GET UP. (ie: reality)

2 11.76%
  • 0 0%
  • 0 0%

Thread: Dreams

Dreams

When you dream, are you:

My dreams

95% of my dreams are able bodied.
    4.9% of my dreams are in a chair but able to get up anytime
    .1% is reality.

I have been injured close to 2 years and I have only had 2 dreams where I was in a chair and can't get up... woke up quite disturbed.

Does this change for people over time?

Dreams

For 2/3rds of my life I have been able bodied, 1/3rd in a wheelchair. In 90% OF my dreams I am
    able bodied. It brings back sweet memorys. Maybe someday again. If not, it is still a great life.
    Music, beauty, children, sunshine, springtime,
    a geat movie, fresh air, a beautiful woman, thought, love, laughter. The best things in life are really free and there for us.

For the first couple of years I was able bodied, after that I simply ceased appearing in them at all, I was always a spectator, watching events take place but never participating. Within the last 6 years or so I've been involved in most of my dreams and I am in a wc, as I am in reality, with all the normal limitations.

I dream both & something in between where I'm a para or not totally paralyzed.

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

I was just thinking about this very topic. In my dreams I'm often walking but I'm always aware that I shouldn't be, or I'll be pushing my chair, or doing SCI stuff (cathing, etc.) while I'm AB.
    Except last night where I was in my chair for the whole dream (and only referred to as "the girl in the wheelchair' even though I was with people who know my name). I hope my walking dreams never go away...they make my nights sweet (even if waking up sucks).

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
    --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor

Originally posted by mkowalski99:

Does this change for people over time?
    It has been nearly 28 years and I am still AB in my dreams, never a chair or disability. There has never been a doubt in my mind that I will see the cure in my lifetime and one day walk again.

The only change in my dreams is in perspective. At 6'1 I always looked down at everything, now I look up at the world.

Noel