Thread: Live alone?

Live alone?

How many people - especially quad - live alone?
    What are you usually doing?

I am C5,6 and live alone. (sometimes with roommate) During the week, I work full time but on the weekend, I am so bored and don't know what to do. What are you doing?

JK

I feel your pain.

I lived alone for more than a decade and a half. It's not very much fun. Having roommates helps a lot. Also, if you have a lot of married friends it usually requires scheduling in order to get together with them. People who are successful at living alone work hard to fill in their social calendars. Try to make plans even a week or two ahead of time. Try to have something fun to do at least once every weekend. Another good idea is to take a fun class or have a recurring activity on the weekends. Going from Friday afternoon to Monday morning all alone is a total drag when weekends are supposed to be fun. Is there a church near you with a single's club or fellowship? I'd get on it and get some activities scheduled. I was miserable being alone.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Lonely..

Im a t-9 complete. and i live alone, i wouldnt have it any other way. unless of course i met someone who i fell in love with then that would be different.

But, at this time in my life im SINGLE(not that im not looking for a mate..) But i keep busy with going to the gym 3-4x/week, and physical theropy 2x/week.

As for the weekends,i just treat it as "just another day" and try not to look at it as a date night,Plus i get to see my son. i have friends over and we just chat and go places.

I love being independant, yes its lonely. but i would rather be alone then caught up in a relationship i didnt really want just so im not alone.

We are not alone if we have god.......

I know how you feel...

My weekends drag so much I actually look forward to my caregivers coming (not that they aren't great people). My biggest problem is not having a vehicle, and living in a city with very poor wheelchair transportation. Thus, no spontaneity...none of my friends plans their weekend days in advance. It sucks, and I have no advice other than find something to do (so maybe I should listen to my own advice...).
    Take care.

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
    --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor

Live alone

Not yet but this summer i hope to be movin out.I spend the days workin out and workin on my independence like cookin and that sorta shit.

Emi where in Alberta are ya?

~Shaun~

shaun

hey, I'm in Edmonton!

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
    --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor

Edmonton eh!

Thats wild! for some reason i figured Edmonton and Calgary would have good transportation in place and lots of shit to do.Im in Regina if you want to talk about f**k all to do.

~Shaun~

it can always get worse try a small town like I live in IT SUCKS just trying to get out is hard never mind someone to do things with or looking at equipment no one around that has anything(handbike ect.)

Bushman

I shared a room with a guy at G.F Strong that was from Cranbook.His first name was Mike and damned if i can remember his last name,he was injured logging.I use to do a lot of hunting in the Cranbrook area.I lived in Nanaimo.

~Shaun~

Crashgirl please e-mail me at broker23983@hotmail.com I think you have some answers to some questions I hve thanks.
    Originally posted by crashgirl246:

Im a t-9 complete. and i live alone, i wouldnt have it any other way. unless of course i met someone who i fell in love with then that would be different.

But, at this time in my life im SINGLE(not that im not looking for a mate..) But i keep busy with going to the gym 3-4x/week, and physical theropy 2x/week.

As for the weekends,i just treat it as "just another day" and try not to look at it as a date night,Plus i get to see my son. i have friends over and we just chat and go places.

I love being independant, yes its lonely. but i would rather be alone then caught up in a relationship i didnt really want just so im not alone.

We are not alone if we have god.......