View Poll Results:

Voters
534. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use a power chair all the time.

184 34.46%
  • I use a power chair to be independent when outside.

83 15.54%
  • I never use a power chair.

240 44.94%
  • I would like to use a power chair but don't because of expense.

27 5.06%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How many use power chairs?

How many use power chairs?

I'm just curious how many people here use power chairs.
    And does anyone else feel more disabled when they are in a power chair? Thats how I feel.

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
    --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor

Originally posted by Emi:

And does anyone else feel more disabled when they are in a power chair? Thats how I feel.
    I used a powerchair when first injured because of other broken bones. I felt much less disabled as soon as I started using a manual chair. (which I always do, I'm a T4 in pretty good shape)

Emi:

I can HONESTLY say that I feel a thousand percent LESS handicap on the electric w/c. I'm a low level quad who SHOULD be on a manual but, I LOVE getting out and on a manual thats VERY tuff. I use an electric all the time and, Im trying to get a handbike for work out but, the independence u get is well worth it IMO.
    I rent mine and the guy there is not only very handsome but also nice and helpfull, they just change mine about 1 year ago for a faster one and now i just speed on my own from where i live down to the beach which is 2.5 miles away, (i do this in 20 min.) If u have one, USE IT it without think of what it is, instead think of what it means: FREEDOM!!!!!!!
    go girl

Me.

Love My Power Chair

My power chair an OmegaTrac has changed my life. It's made a mostly inaccessible world accessible to me again. I'm able to go hunting, fishing, off-roading, and climb curbs effortlessly. It's been wonderful to say the least. I've also been able to get a good job and be a better provider for my family. I drive my chair three miles to work regardless of the weather, in fact when we have a bad snow storm I'm able to get to work when my able bodied co-workers can't make it due to road conditions.

Bruce, that's one badass piece of machinery!

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

Emi...

I do feel more disabled when using the powerchair but hey it gets me around so thats what counts

Bruce,,,u've got the 'bigfoot' of power chairs. Do u have a link for that beast for further specs,,,,

It seem to me that a power chair has its inconvenience of being impossible to pull into the car. Am I right? I use a manual one and I'm still in rehab but I intend to buy an adapted car to be as independent as possible.
    I'm a T4 complete.
    Can any of you friends clarify my doubt?
    Tks

Emi

Emi

I use a power chair but I have for 29 years now so its not a huge issue. The big thing that drives me nuts is if it breaks down I'm stranded.

Fernando

Check this site: www.wheelchairvans.com
    Vans + electric chairs= GOOD

Me.