• Yes

26 70.27%
  • No

11 29.73%
  • 0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Block Parking Violators in the Spot?

Block Parking Violators in the Spot?

I asked a cop if I was allowed to block a handicapped parking violator in the spot until they arrived to ticket them and he told me "No".
    Merchants are allowed to detain shoplifters stealing a 2 cent piece of candy but we're not allowed to detain people that violate parking spots. Makes me feel like the rights of handicapped people aren't worth 2 cents.

Should people with disabilities (or anyone for that matter) be allowed to detain parking violators by blocking them into the violated spot as long as the police have been called?

I voted NO

And I'll probably get flamed. Anyway, I do not think fatasses or others in general should park in HC spots AT ALL. I NEVER EVER parked in one prior to my injury cuz I'm a decent, commonsense person. In Indiana, doctors hand out those placards like there is no tomorrow and they're good for 5 freaking years!!! "My foot hurts doc..." Bam, a freebie for 5 years if you go to DMV. Then, they get sold/given away/etc.
    It does suck to have to park farther away cuz some dumbass is too lazy to walk a lil farther or just takes advantage of the open and close spot. BUT, blocking someone in will cause hella probs. I've seen some UGLY arguments in parking lots ove HC spots. I mean "go for what you know" type fights!! Some people suck, I feel most are good, and arguing/blocking someone in will cause probs that are not worth it. I wish enforcement were better, but the Police (at least here) have bigger fish to fry. Just mines $.02...

My phat site (Not SCI related)

HEY OFFTHAHOOK IT IS THE SAME WAY IN ARKANSAS.
    I WENT TO WORK OUT WED. THERE WHERE NO SPOTS TO PARK IN LOT I DROVE AROUND THE PARK IN LOT TWICE. FINALLY A SPOT, BUT HERE COMES A WOMEN CUTS IN FRONT OF ME. I DIDNT THINK MUCH OF IT IN TILL SHE JUMPS OUT OF THE CAR RUNS IN THE BUILDING FASTER THAN I COULD ROLL MY WINDOW DOWN TO TELL HER OFF. BUT WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO, SHE HAS A LITTLE BLUE CARD SAYING THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH HER.(BULLS&IT)

Parking..???

You can say that again about people with what looks like no handycap taking parking spots.

There was a few times since i was block in or could not get into truck cause of some people parking in spots and here is how it went,,,,

My girl-friend and myself went to a friends house which live in a apartment building,to see them cause she was having a baby soon, well when it was time to go we said our good bye and when we got to my truck there was this other truck park right next to my truck on the ramp, hell how was i going to get into my truck now, so we call them down to find out who's truck it was, called the landlord and everything, the landlord said "she had gave this truck and parking ticket already for parking in a no-parking spot" then he just move over here and left the ticket on his truck, and then we asked her what if i were here with nobody to pull my truck out what would i do then, and she said that she does not want to start anything,,start anything she not the one in the cold weather trying to get going, hell i was pissed off well she said she could not do anything cause he already had a ticket and so forth, had the girl-friend move truck so i could get into it and we were off,

We were going to call somebody to see what could be done if this happen again, when we called back to friends house to see if the truck was moved, are friend said her husband and a friend went down after we left and did some mean stuff to this truck parked there, the truck was unlocked so they fill the truck up with snow, how that for a wet ass, if only i could have done it,
    I think alot of people with out any limits on walking and stuff should not have a permit or should have the brain not to park in parking spots that are for people that need it,

I wonder

I've been thinking of making a flyer sort of thing that looks like a ticket to put on non HC vehicles when they park in HC spots. Don't know what to say or if it would be any use.......any thoughts?

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
    --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor

I would not suggest blocking someone in

That is a good way to get into a fight or get shot!! It would be best to quietly call the police and report these people. Let the cops block them in. There are hefty fines for parking in in our places everywhere. It is just the cops have to be notified of the violation.

And if you suspect a blue card does not belong to someone get the card number and report it to the DMV with the license plate of the car. They do have requirements for using those cards and unauthorized or fraudulent use carries jail time.

Connman: Next time something like that happens tell the manager to have the S.O.B. towed. They have that authority!! Let that happen a couple of times and I guarantee the truck owner will not be parking on any more ramps.

"And so it begins."

Originally posted by Emi:

I've been thinking of making a flyer sort of thing that looks like a ticket to put on non HC vehicles when they park in HC spots.
    They have them. You can buy them, but I forget where I saw them . I wouldn't want to be caught actually putting them on someone's car. You'll either get yelled at or some excuse like day only did it dis one time, day were in a hurry, it was fin to be quick, dere were otha spots, etc. I doubt you'll get any revelationz of peeps "seeing tha light." Assholes are eRRyhwhere. Good luck and be careful, YO.

My phat site (Not SCI related)

I've been thinking of the samething...

I've been wanting to block them in for a longtime now and I can easily see how it can lead to a confrontation, to say the least. I myself find it hard to bite my tongue. Just tonight alone when I went to Walmart some turkey was parked in a HC spot, with no permit. It happens all the time, meanwhile I have to keep looking for a spot.

Since I have a van I have an even harder time finding a spot since I need the big box, and for what for another turkey to park where my ramp unfolds or worse for cars to be in van spots. As Offthehook would say that makes me HELLAMAD!

I've been considering taking my trusty ol' digital camera and taking pictures, but to send them to who, where? I went to my local precinct and asked them what I could do on my part since they have much more important things to do and this is important to ME? Well they suggested just calling them and if these people keep getting hit in their pockets, maybe they will stop. PUHLEEEEZZZ!

Samething I never ever parked in a HC zone, so it urkes the hell out me the blatant disregard and the audacity of the jerk when they get back and see you there like some doofus waiting for the spot. UUUUGGGHHHH!!!

I'm sure we can all go on and on. So what do we/I do? I wanted to let the air out of their tires, but my cop friend said that that is criminal mischief. They can break the law, but I don't want to.

I actually got into a major confrontation (can't believe I almost forgot this) at a college campus in New York (NYIT Central Islip) when I went to visit my buddy at his dorm and the HC spots were all taken, so I blocked them all in and waited for my bud. Well whaddaya know when they wanted to leave they were ticked that I was blocking them in and called security. Would you believe that security came and yelled at ME to move the hell out of there and those spots were designated for people in my situation, not the turkeys who were in my spot in the first place.

Well I didn't move! I said he should be there ticketing them and honoring the spaces and not yelling at me. So one thing lead to another and things got heated fast and I told him to f*ck off!

His boss then came and the bosses boss, where they said I have a valid complaint, surprise surprise! In the meantime my bud shows up and the head dude says well you guys are leaving anyway so its OK, NOT! I said I'll leave when I'm ready! Then Dr. Cappowhateverhislastnamewas threatened to have me removed. Really, now.

All in all my bud now writes for the school paper coincidentally and has been doing an expose' on how security does not honor the spots and the students get ticketed, but the fines are not enforced.

I have not spoken to my bud in 2 weeks and I believe he is just about done with his story and said the story gets better, (call me crazy, but I'm actually holding my breath) so who said one man can't make a difference? We'll soon see.

[This message was edited by pep84 on Mar 08, 2002 at 03:31 AM.]

no

i dont beleive is a very good idea to block people in. i received a ticket once and a warning another time for parking in handicap space even though my van has a lift. after 10 years of driving & parking in the spots I found out i wasnt legaly allowed to because i didnt have the official blue card.

there are some people need them spaces worse than me even if they dont have a card.

there were some members of the osu football team cought buying handicap blue cards