Thread: For Jeff!

For Jeff!

Hey, Jeff,

Are you whipping up any goodies for the Superbowl?!! Maybe we should ask Wise about starting a cooking forum!!!

I dunno

Currently I'm battling severe anxiety and deep depression. I particularly liked your signature phrase, though. I hope [not sure] I'm tough enough to make it through this tough time I'm having.

My wife's visa could arrive in as little as a few days or as long as never. The not knowing is torture.

Sorry I'm not more upbeat. It's just impossible to think about food...

I thank you for thinking of me, though. It helps lessen the void.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Hi, Jeff,

Sorry you're down in the dumps;I know waiting is hard, especially when you've got such a beautiful life together to look forward to, and want to start it NOW!

I always find cooking is my 'therapy'; it's a way for me to 'keep the void away'; I suppose some folks find it in prayer, others in exercising, or playing with their dog, whatever, but for me it's getting in the kitchen with a new recipe, or new ingredients, or just doing an old favorite; the whole world goes away while I'm there, and then when I'm finished, I have something wonderful to offer to my family with love! Have you seen teh movie, 'Like Water for Chocolate'? It's a great one, funny, poignant, and what great food!

Keep your chin up, and know all the folks here are sending good thoughts your way (except maybe DA!)

Sorry

I was particularly down at the time I replied.

Cooking is great therapy. It really helped me get through the holidays alone. I'm having trouble being motivated for too much lately though. But I do need to eat.

I've decide it's worth the cost to spend a week or two with my wife to make the wait more bearable. It's a five hour flight to LA and fifteen hours from there to Manila and another hour flight to get to her island. Was hoping to avoid that and save the money to go on a cruise but it's not worth being so miserable.

The good thing is that the visa should arrive while I'm there so we can fly home together. That would be really nice.

Thanks again for thinking of me!

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Good luck Jeff

It sure has been a long road towards you two being together, I can imagine the holidays must have gotten very depressing being the first year you were married and being apart. One thing I really find that helps out a lot when I am down is excersising and riding my handcycle (and of course the FES bike) hopefully you have been doing these activies, plus you will have a better body for doing this and I am sure you're wife will appreciate that when you do see here, lol. I guess the main thing is to try and stay busy, having too much free time on you're hands to think about things can drive you nuts as I have proven with myself. Hang in there buddy. Curtis

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred