Thread: Got my standing frame...

Got my standing frame...

I stood up for the first time in over a year
    Man, I felt soo tall!! I was able to stay up for 15 minutes until my back and abs got sore. It was great. I can't wait to do it again. Just had to tell someone that could understand. thx

I know how you feel. The first time I stood up I felt like I was 10 feet tall. The ground seemed such a long way away and it was all very strange and frightening. I couldn't imagine how I possibly walked around normally before. And this was only after 4 months of being horizontal - after a year it must feel very weird (but probably also very good!)

thats great matt. I build a wooden one for my son.he likes it but can'tlock his knees and after awhile his knees start to hurt. are you able to lock yours if so how?

My frame is wooden also. I got the plans on this site. I'm not quite sure if my knees lock or not, but I can stand without holding on to anything. We found it works better if my feet are farther forward, and the tighter the butt strap, the better.

Standing Frame

Did you make your own standing frame?
    How hard was it to make.
    I've been in a chair for 20 years and don't like that I can't straighten my legs anymore or lay flat on my back.
    You mentioned getting the design from "this site" Where?