Thread: Excerise for W/C users

Excerise for W/C users

Exercise program: For Those Of Us Getting On in Years (And Weight)

I thought I would let you, my friends, in on a little secret I've found for building my arm and shoulder muscles. You might wish to adopt this regimen - 3 days a week works well.

I start by sitting outside behind the house and, with a 5 pound potato sack in each hand, extend my arms straight out to my sides and hold them there as long as I can.

After a few weeks I moved up to 10 pound potato sacks, then 50 pound sacks and finally I got to where I could lift a 100 pound potato sack in each hand and hold my arms straight out for more than a full minute!

Next, I started putting a few potatoes in the sacks, but I would caution you not to overdo it at this level.

sounds like an easy, no fuss way to build up a bit of strength Chris, I'm glad its working for you.

I'm whacked on a few pounds over Christmas and its gone straight to my para pot belly..hehe. Ive been tryng to eat well for the last couple of days, and thats going ok (sorta, except for a few chocolates and cheese and bacon balls that Ive eaten)
    I really need to get out and do some more exercise, but its so darn hot here at the moment.

oh well, there is always tomorrow

You are too funny!

So---how many potatoes are you up to, Cris?? hehe. that was cute.