Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeans

Jeans

This is a question for the girls out there. What kind of jeans do you wear? Mine all seem to be too low/tight/short/fall down when i transfere. I don't want to have to start buying clothes for wheelchair users. I want to still buy from the fashion shops that my friends do. Are there any makes of jeans (baring in mind i live in England)like Gap, Levis etc that are better fitting than others?
    Cheers

My holy grail jeans

are the bikini cut style from Express. They are designed to be super-low rise (only have about an inch or two from the crotch,) but since I'm sitting anyway, they come to below my belly button. I am tall (5'8) and I get the 3-4 Long so they fall neatly over my shoes (they are bootcut) (I *hate* when my socks show & my pants looks like high water pants!) Also, they have no back pockets or rivets, which can be a hassle to sit on for some.
    The only problem is when you lean forward, your undies will show, so be sure to get some undies cut to go below or on your hipbones. I like Body by Victoria's Secret in bikini or the Express hip huggers!

Good luck on your quest!

Editing this in: the zipper is super-short (about 2 inches & an added bonus is b/c they are so low, they make you look really thin!!

Keep me away from the wisdom that does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children -- Kahlil Gibran

[This message was edited by *Andrea* on January 02, 2002 at 12:31 PM.]

Lee's elastic side waist jeans in misses talls. The tall size gives you both length, 33-34 inch inseam, but also a higher cut in the rear end. The elastic on the sides of the waist don't show so they look like normal old jeans. And best of all--no back pockets to cause pressure points. If stores don't carry them in the UK try a JC Penny's catalog. They also come in several colors besides two in denim.

Shopping is HELL

Finding Pants is honestly one of the biggest hassles about being in these things. I search for pants that have no pockets in the back and have a bit of Stretch in the denim and that are long enough (I hate when my socks show too!!!) and are low rise. It is almost impossible to find....but once you find a pair buy at least two and if they come in different colors...... I recently found THE pair at Smart Set and they came in Khaki too. Needless to say I have quite a few pairs.
    I think we could dedicate a whole column to shoes now...ugh. And if you thought bathing suit shopping sucked before....

Whoa~ don't EVEN get me started on the shoe dilemma! I refuse to wear anything called "Hush Puppies" until I absolutely must (no offense to those of you who wear HPs.) I have about 6 pairs of shoes that I regularly wear and try and plan outfits around them. I also know what you mean, Tara, about buying a bunch of pants in the style you like! I have 4 or 5 denim pairs of my beloved bikini jeans, then khaki and black.

I'll pass on bathing suits!

Keep me away from the wisdom that does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children -- Kahlil Gibran

Thanks for the replies...

Sue - Do you know a web-site for that catalogue?
    Tara and Andrea - Do the low rise jeans promote a quad belly?

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/default.asp

I got this site through Yahoo.com but on AOL. So if it doesn't work go to Yahoo.com and put in "JC Penny" and search. The first hit should be the correct one. Then just search for Lees. I find I can order by my waist size lying down so I'm a 12 American. Make sure to get the elastic side waist because all the others have back pockets. Although the painters pants, if you can ever find them, fit pretty good and would hide a leg bag better if needed.

Also, for womens shoes, Easy Spirit dress and sport shoes fit REALLY well. They also come in wide and that makes a major difference in fit. I buy mine when on sale. Love their short boots. :-)

Tikit2ride,
    The low rise jeans are the best for the stomach situation. They are short enough that they dont all bunch up. The only issue is that they are short in the back which sucks for transferring, but they are not even that bad.

Ditto what Tara said. My stomach always looks flat and my friend (who is also in a w/c) asks how I keep my stomach so flat.

Not to brag or anything

my tummy was nice and flat up until around christmas...then suddenly I was having major trouble trying to do up my shorts! Dammit and I still have rum balls in my fridge beckoning me....hehe