Thread: Funny story that happened to me today.

Funny story that happened to me today.

I go to the local gas station to get my oil changed in my Cadillac and I pull in front of the pumps and then back up to park my car near the bays, hop out and head into the station. This guy comes in a couple minutes later and says "hey you dumb ass cripple, look what you did to my funnel" turns out there was a funnel in one of the underground tanks and I backed into it with my car. I had no idea it was there as all he had was one little cone next to it and with my car, it has a tiny little back window and the visability is not too good, so I just did not see it.

Anyhow, I guess they were testing the pumps and pouring gas back down the tanks and thats why it was there, he said "I'm calling the cops to file a complaint and you're going to have to pay for this you stupid cripple" at that point I'm getting really pissed, but still managed to control myself and keep from belting the guy. He was all excited about the cops coming down to file his stupid report. Anyhow, about ten minutes later the cruiser pulls up, and guess what, the Cop happened to be my X Girlfriend., lol (sure glad we split up under good terms and we are still friends), so she walks up to the guy and says "whats the problem sir", he says "well this dumb ass cripple ran over my funnel, wa,wa, wa" she looks at him, I could see her really starting to get pissed and shaking a little bit with anger and she says "dumb ass cripple Huh" and kind of shakes her head a little. She proceeds to write up the report and guess what? Nails the guy for not having made the area where he was working around more visable and citing him for a public hazard. I never laughed so hard in my life, lol. Nearly fell out of the wheelchair definately made my day. lol. Then Donna came over and gave me a hug and said goodbye, I'm looking at the guy and his jaws hanging down, saying "holly shiiiit ": Definately goes to show sometimes, what comes around goes around, lol. Curtis

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

[This message was edited by Curtis on December 13, 2001 at 10:02 PM.]

Great story, Curtis! Thanks for posting it!

~Rus

"We are not brave because we are free. We are free because we are brave." ~ Rich Ward (Stuck Mojo / Sick Speed)

Great Story

I am not sure I would have been able to contain myself. You showed good restraint.

Made my day, too

That story was the best thing to happen to me, today, too. I'm really, really glad it worked out that way. That anus would have gotten his, eventually, but I'm glad you were there to see it and share it with us.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Curtis' Funny story

Good story, but it is funny and not so funny at the same time. In my point of view the US are still more open towards us 'cripps' than the people here in Europe, at least that's my experience and I've been to the US a lot ( in my chair but also before ). Some months ago I had a similar experience the other way round. When I was in Japan for the comp I work for I noticed people were very nice, polied, helpfull, keeping the doors open, making other people wait for you when coming in/out elevators etc. etc. Totally different from the things I thought they would be ( all Japanese hereby my apologies for thinking wrong about you for so many years ). Especially Japanese woman are great!!

Coming back on the airport in Frankfurt these three big, fat ugly German ( think ) or European woman stood in the way when I came out the elevator and were not thinking of going aside, people at the gate were unpolied again, aisle seat wasn't there in time ( not the fault of the airline ) and that was only Germany, my better experience in Europe. Holland is the worse. So finally after waiking up roughly in the elevator i just thought: GIVE ME A TICKET BACK TO JAPAN.

Why this story; heck, I don't know, just because yoyr ex is great I think compared to the other bastards around.

DAMN SHAME....

He wasn't holding the funnel at the time....

You made my day Curtis!!!!

LIVE IT UP AND LIVE IT LARGE!!!!

I love it!

and this "dumb ass" thinks you're crippled?????

Curtis

I wish I could say your story made my day, but it didn't. I am certainly glad your ex responded the way she did, but every time I have thought about this I get more pissed. I am very sorry you or anyone has to put up with ignorant people who say things like this. Can you give us the guy's address?
    Russ

Russ Byrd

funny story...

Curtis...

I prefer having a crippled body to a crippled mind ANY day of the week! Wish I had been there! I would have told him that to his face!

Glad it made you laugh! He got what he deserved!

Teena