Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 more week!

Scorpion you are damn right...

I've a friend who's a para as me he has an addapted car Honda Civic Shuttle and said that he was born againg when he got it....

He's driving whenever I call him just can't catch him at home already

He and his friends are going around all the pubs and clubs evry night......

Hope to be able to enjoy the life like that too....soon.

C YA!!!

After I was hurt my grandparents helped me buy a car

I was seventeen and one of only a handful of teens to own one. We went everywhere and partied all the time. Plus, we always seemed to get into bars [when I was there]. The drinking age was 18, then, so that also made it easier. It was a dangerous but necessary part of my rehab end reintigration into society, IMO, LOL.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Originally posted by Jeff:

The drinking age was 18, then, so that also made it easier. It was a dangerous but necessary part of my rehab end reintigration into society, IMO, LOL.
    ~
    hehe I dont see my driving system I use going too good with 6 beers anymore! haha

Originally posted by Vladko:

He and his friends are going around all the pubs and clubs evry night......
    Not only that, but if you feel like getting ice cream at 1AM, you just drive to the 24 hour grocery store or 7-11 (convenience store). You want to ask a girl out, you can drive her or you can meet her somewhere and go home (or back to her place) when you want to. Feel like seeing a movie but nobody can go with you? Drive yourself. Etc, Etc, Etc

~Rus

"We are not brave because we are free. We are free because we are brave." ~ Rich Ward (Stuck Mojo / Sick Speed)

I really think that having a more social life helps a lot to people like us. I even think that having a good time is a kind of regulation that probably speed up our recovery.

I mean that when you are happy your body feels better, ur blood is moving faster in ur vains
    stuff like that......

As far as I've heard laughing is a cure.

GO ANDREA!

!.! subject says it all. INDEPENDENCIA! LIBERTAD! FREEDOM!

Eric Texley

Go Andrea

I just got back to driving after a year, it seems like it's even helped in my recovery. I bought a van and at first the transfers to the drivers seat were quite difficult, not to mention getting the seat belt fastened and the ignition turned on(I'm a C6/7). The more I do it the easier and faster it gets, it's like a form of therapy.

Go slow and steady, don't be nervous and before you know it your confidence will increase and the next thing you know you'll be driving with a cup of coffee like the old days. Good luck

I can't wait

I finished w/my exams yesterday and my dad is going to pick up my license plates on Monday! I got the kind w/the "Save the Manatee" on it. (Those of you who live in FL know what I'm talking about). 100% of the proceeds each year go to the Save the Manatee trust fund.

I'll post a picture of it (my car) after I get it!

Keep me away from the wisdom that does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children -- Kahlil Gibran

Vladko, If the driving tests in Bulgaria are like those in Germany the most difficult part is learning all the international road signs and who has the right away. The driving part isn't too hard. But then I haven't driven since my SCI because anti-spasm medicines make me sleepy and sitting still without them makes me spastic. :-(

My husband and I went on a cruise to Canada earlier this Fall on a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship and I was surprised how many Bulgarians were in the crew. It seems everyone wants to learn English or German in school in your country. Is Sophia very accessible to those who use wheelchairs? I hate not being able to travel everywhere I want because so many places are so difficult to get around. I'm glad that at least we can all travel via the internet.

country. Is Sophia very accessible to those who use wheelchairs? I hate not being able to travel everywhere I want because so many places are so difficult to get around. I'm glad that at least we can all travel via the internet.
    Hi Sue Pendleton

Nope Sofia isn't accessible at all really a big problem. People with disabilities are having many problems with travelling around. They're also bad treated as.......something bad lets say.

About the bulgarians who leave Bulgaria to learn in foreign countries its true.
    Many Many Bulgarians leave Bulgaria each year. I also hope to do so the life here is too difficult especially for people in my situation......