Thread: Raven

Raven

I thought I would share this with everyone here because it such a small world.

You introduced a New Girl over at New Mobility named "Crash Girl", she had posted on the health board and you Introduced her on the general board. She found me somehow (without knowing who I was!!!) and sent me an e mail, she is from Palm Springs which is where my Parents are from. She is just two months post SCI and working as hard as she can to adjust to SCI, so I figured when I heard from her, I'll tell her as much info as I can to try and help her.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, turns out she is From Rhode Island where I live and grew up across the street from my Service Station and I know her parents quite well (they were my best customers) and her Brother use to work for me when he was sixteen (his nickname was mightymouse, lol). It is so Interesting the chain of events that lead to us finding out who we were. She remembers me pushing my Chair around the gas pump islands pumping gas when my workers did not show, lol.

Anyhow, it sounds like she is doing good for just two months post (unreal how fast they get people out of the hospital these days, when I was injured 20 years ago, it was three months minimum, now it is like 1 and half months). It is sad to see any new injury (she fell off an ATV) but I am glad I am here to help people out, it gives me a sense of purpose in my life.

When I go out to Palm Springs to see my Parents this Christmas, we plan on getting together for a cup of Coffee, too bad she is only 24 and I am 43, but at least made a friend. Thanx Raven.

Curtis

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

[This message was edited by Curtis on November 04, 2001 at 12:21 AM.]

Great!!!

Curtis,

I am so glad to hear that you have found this friend again. Maybe one day, I will help you find the girl that will be your soulmate too. Who knows, we never know how or when we will meet like you have with this family again. There is a saying in spanish that says "Las piedras rodando se encuentran". In English it means something like ..... rolling stones will one day meet. Life is like that you know. But I am very happy that you have found an old/new friend.

Just remember to not give up on your search. I am praying that one day you find a very special lady to share her life with you, you deserve the best.

Raven

Thanks for the good words Raven

I had a date tonight with a woman that I met through my AOL ad and its funny, she is Spanish, in fact she does not speak english very well so I am glad that I took a couple of Spanish courses while in college, it came in handy tonight. She seems real nice though, has a nine year old Daughter and we are going out again this week. Things are starting to look up once again after going some real tough times. Take care, Curtis

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Cool

Cool, Curtis. I am very happy to hear the news about your date. That is certainly nice to hear that you were able to communicate with her. So then, since you understand Spanish, you did understand the saying when I put in Spanish also.

I hope you continue to have good luck and that you enjoy your dates. Best wishes and I am sure things are going to work out for you.

Raven

Crashgirl

Very cool, Curtis.....very, very cool. and the age split means nada....just enjoy!

Awesome!

Must be that new photo with the big smile. Congrats.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Was not really thinking in terms of a relationship or anything

I am just glad that I am able to help her out, as anyone who is SCI knows what it is like for the first couple of years or so, having someone to talk to who has been there really helps out.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred