Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting fact

An interesting fact

It's fairly well documented that Sept 11, 3BC is the true birthday of Jesus Christ. Several universities have planetariums showing the amazing conjunction of planets and stars that occurred in the heavens at that time. Biblical evidence is what prompted researchers to pursue the actual date. The Dec 25 date is known to be impossible. Amazingly enough there hasn't been any information about the correlation of the WTC attack with this date on any news channels, TMK anyway. I sent an mail to Fox News, today.

Anyone think it's a coincidence? I sure as heaven don't.

Jeff, I've never heard that historians were ever able to pinpoint an exact date Christ was born. Where did you get this info? I'd like to read up on it myself.

The December 25 date, as you may know, was adopted in the early days of Christianity because it was the celebration of the first day of the winter solstice (yes, they were off by a few days). It was easier to get people on board with Christianity if they could keep their pagan celebrations and festivals. Easter was a celebration of Spring and of fertility & new birth, hence the eggs and rabbits. New birth seemed fitting for celebrating Christ's resurrection, so early Christians adopted this celebration as well.

Anyway, if the terrorists had access to the date of Christ's birth, I don't think Sept. 11 was a coincidence. I'm not sure they'd know it though, but if I knew the sources, maybe I'd be more inclined to believe the terrorists chose the date for that reason.

~Rus

"Because you're not promised tomorrow." ~ Stuck Mojo

September 11

Scorpion - I'll post a few links. Actually, Sept 11 is also the Judean Day of Trumpets where the blowing of trumpets were used to honor kings and God as King over all. I think that's the purpose, anyway. So, maybe it was symbolically an attack against Judaism and Christianity. I just don't think it was a coincidence.

I don't know how good these links are. I couldn't find a link to the publisher of the really good book I have on the subject.

http://expage.com/page/september21

Actually, this link looks very thorough:

http://www.versebyverse.org/doctrine/birthofchrist.html

Well, I think that last one works. It's amazing the correlation of Biblial, Historical, and Astronomical evidence. It all fits together on only that one date. I know people who got involved studying the Bible because of this study alone! It's truly amazing. Enjoy.

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't be surprised if the terrorists did choose September 11 for a reason. I'm going to look into those links.

~Rus

I cannot find a link for this, but I heard a couple days after the tragedy that one of the hijackers brother was training to be a pilot about a year ago. During training, the plane crashed and he was killed on that date one year ago, September 11, 2000. I can't remember what channel I was watching, but they speculated that this was the reason for the date.

* I am sure that no matter what day of the year this had happened, you could go back and find many things that happened on the same day and speculate to their links. After all, only 365 days in a year.

* I am sure that no matter what day of the year this had happened, you could go back and find many things that happened on the same day and speculate to their links. After all, only 365 days in a year.
    Very true. And I just heard some interesting historical happenngs from Sept. 11 of old on the news the other night...but I can't remember what they were now. Crap, I'll try and look them up.

Anyway, I imagine they had a reason for choosing September 11, but I'm not convinced these terrorists know of the research that says Christ was born September 11. As for the day of Trumpets, or Rash sha'shana, the start of the Jewish New Year, it started at sundown, Monday September 17 this year, so I doubt they were going for an offense to both Christianity & judaism by choosing September 11. At any rate, not convinced, at least from the links below, that it's an accurate date. And knowing the exact day & time Christ was born wouldn't affect my faith one way or another. No historian would argue that He wasn't born and didn't exist, the question is of His Divinity, a question that hinges not on his birthday but whether one believes He was the Son of God. That can't be proven with historical or scientific data.

My main problem with the second link is the focus on "End-Time Events." The idea that this tragedy or any other is a sign of the Apocolypse bugs me to know end, because it plays on people's fears. And in every big event or war in the past, there were people crying out that it was the beginning of the end. The focus of Bible study, in my humble opinion, shouldn't be on the amiguous prophecies of Revelations, which can & have been interpreted countless ways, but on the teachings of Christ. Even if one doesn't believe in his Divinity, his teachings, radical at the time, could cure most of society's ills if only people tried to follow them. Unfortunately, many Christians themselves miss His point, and they end up being eletist, pompous, judgemental, and even hateful in some cases. OK, I'm rambling now, so I'll get off my soapbox.

~Rus

[This message was edited by Scorpion on September 20, 2001 at 07:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by Scorpion on September 20, 2001 at 07:56 PM.]

ok, but did thyey calculate all the days added in leap years before they were accepted? there's a lot of centuries without them

September 11 in History...

From a Viet Namese perspective...
    ---------------
    1499 French forces take Milan, Italy, with little opposition.

1524 Birth of Pierre de Ronsard, one of the most prolific poets of the French Renaissance.

1709 An Anglo-Dutch-Austrian force led by the Duke of Marlborough and Prince Eugene of Savoy win a costly victory over the French in the Battle of Malplaquet, the last great battle of the War of the Spanish Succession (1701-14).

1746 Death of Ñoaøn Thò ÑieÃ¥m, Vietnamese poetess, whose pen name was HoÃ*ng Haø Nöõ Só (Scholar of the Red River). She is best known for the long poem Chinh Phuï Ngaâm (Lament of a Soldier's Wife) and a collection of legends in classical Chinese, TruyeÃ*n Kyø Taân Phaû (New Collection of Wondrous Tales).

1777 The British defeat the Americans, led by General George Washington, at the Battle of Brandywine Creek in the American War of Independence.

1814 The American navy defeat the British in the Battle of Lake Champlain.

1830 The Republic of Ecuador is established and granted constitution by Colombia under which it is to be part of the Confederation of Colombia.

1855 The Siege of Sevastopol, the major operation of the Crimean War, ends when British, French and Piedmontese troops finally capture the main naval base of the Russian Black Sea fleet.

1862 Birth of O. Henry, pen name of William Sidney Porter, US short-story writer.

1885 Birth of David Herbert Lawrence, British novelist, poet and essayist. Famous for the semi-autobiographical Sons and Lovers and the controversial Lady Chatterley's Lover.

1895 Birth of Acharya Vinoba Bhave, Indian mystic and key figure in Mahatma Gandhi's movement for Indian reform.

1922 A British mandate is proclaimed in Palestine, despite Arab protests. It came into effect at the end of the month. (Significant?)

1923 Establishment of the Indochine Films et Cineùmas in French-ruled Viet Nam.

1928 The Sixth Congress of the Communist International approves the Draft Programme on Revolution in Colonies and Semi-Colonies.

1944 The US 1st Army crosses the border into German territory.

1960 Over 1,000 professors, students and parents hold a conference in Sai Gon demanding the US-backed Sai Gon administration to allow the use of Vietnamese instead of English in universities and colleges.

1972 The Provisional Revolutionary Government of the Republic of South Viet Nam makes a statement on the end of US aggression and the restoration of peace in Viet Nam.

1973 Chile's President Salvador Allende Gossens is deposed during a military coup led by General Augusto Pinochet, and military officials say he committed suicide rather than surrender.

1994 Death of Actress Jessica Tandy, who appeared in A Streetcar named Desire and won an Oscar for Driving Miss Daisy.

1995 Thousands of demonstrators chanting to accordion strains march the streets of Paris carrying banners against France's resumption of nuclear testing in the South Pacific.

1997 Scots vote in favour of a British government plan to give them their own assembly for the first time in nearly 300 years.

- VNS\REUTERS\AP
    ----------------

I got this at: http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/2...%20History.htm

I know there are more that I heard...

~Rus

[This message was edited by Scorpion on September 20, 2001 at 09:44 PM.]

[This message was edited by Scorpion on September 20, 2001 at 10:00 PM.]

September 11 in History

---------
    1916 The "Star Spangled Banner" is sung at the beginning of a baseball game for the first time in Cooperstown, New York.

---------
    On September eleventh, 1789, Alexander Hamilton was appointed the first US Secretary of the Treasury.

On this date:
    In 1814, an American fleet scored a decisive victory over the British in the Battle of Lake Champlain in the War of 1812.

In 1850, Jenny Lind, the "Swedish Nightingale," gave her first concert in the United States, at Castle Garden in New York.

In 1885, author D.H. Lawrence was born in Eastwood, England.

In 1936, President Roosevelt dedicated Boulder Dam (now Hoover Dam) by pressing a key in Washington to signal the startup of the dam's first hydroelectric generator in Nevada.

In 1941, Charles A. Lindbergh sparked charges of anti-Semitism with a speech in which he said "the British, the Jewish and the Roosevelt administration" were trying to draw the United States into World War Two.

In 1944, President Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill met in Canada at the second Quebec Conference.

In 1954, the Miss America pageant made its network TV debut on ABC; Miss California, Lee Ann Meriwether, was crowned the winner.

In 1971, former Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev died at age 77.

In 1972, the troubled Munich Summer Olympics ended.

In 1973, Chilean President Salvador Allende died in a violent military coup.

Ten years ago: President Bush addressed Congress on the Persian Gulf crisis, vowing that "Saddam Hussein will fail" in his takeover of Kuwait.

Five years ago: The prosecution in the O.J. Simpson murder trial in Los Angeles reluctantly began its rebuttal case, as ordered by Judge Lance Ito, after the defense refused to rest.

One year ago: President Clinton, attending a conference of Asia-Pacific leaders in New Zealand, demanded that Indonesia allow an international force to restore peace in East Timor. Eric Milton pitched a no-hitter for the Minnesota Twins in their 7-to-0 win over the Anaheim Angels. Serena Williams won the US Open women's title, beating top-seeded Martina Hingis, 6-3, 7-6 (7-4).

---------

~Rus

[This message was edited by Scorpion on September 20, 2001 at 09:59 PM.]

Good research, Everybody

Maybe now that we seem to be detaining people involved we'll find out for sure.