Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: When were you injured?

Even though I can't move my body anymore, my mind is still intact, and that's the most important thing.
    You have got the right attitude! Keep it up, you will do just fine.

11/13/99 i was released with soft tissue injuries, but later found out i had a compression fracture at c-1 which had healed three brocken ribs. severed si ligaments and an incomplete sci at L-1 also head injury which causes virtigo and my ears have rung ever since. i was on a bike wnen I was hit by a drunk driver. im so fortunate. mine is a cake walk compared to most of you, but i cant seem to get on with life. i have finally given in and am opting for a manual chair if i can get funding, as i am now a shutin

ps in feb of 2003 my grandmothers voice woke me. she has been dead 25 years. my house was on fire. i didnt hav my braces on, dont know how i got out. i was in a t shirt. thats all. three feet of snow on the ground. my kneesand hands were raw. guess i crawled. you would think id be greatful about cheeting death twice, but i somehow feel i dont belong in this world anymore. what the hell is wrong with me.

April 1, 2002, I was 26. Some Spril fools joke.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

My husband was injured 14 March 2003, age 28. He was mountain biking and while attempting a steep downhill he went head first over the handle bars. Result: C7 complete. I was overseas at the time visiting family, it was not a pleasant plane trip home. All in all he is coping well and we both take each day one at a time!

Jody
    you got to go on Don't give up if you can walk . walk I know you may need a little help, but you are here for a reason I was hit by a little old 83 yr old lady at 6:00 in the am I was on a mtotrcycle . but you got to keep getting out in this world Make new freind's it might be the other's think you don't want them coming around if you are shut in but you got to keep your head up
    I am a T-12 and also don't have my balance

July 29th 1985 approx 6:30am due to Transverse Myelitis

Age 12 - released from hospital on 13th Birthday, Halloween.

T-12 complete paraplegic

kimberkit, yes, welcome. You have a great mind, thanks for sharing.

Jody, I agree with duge. Hang in there. Continue to browse all the threads and posts we've gathered/created in the last couple of years. The more you read the more you learn and a little easier it may come to re-engage in the outside world.

You will find strength here.

Bron, I have the same injury as your husband and was injured in the same way 06/02/00 although I was 36.

Welcome to CC. Hopefully your husband will join us as well.

Peace all.

October 3, 1983
    Fell out of a treehouse, I was 5.
    T8 complete

I mean, sure, I'm praying for a cure every day, but I can't live my life like it's around the corner. To move forward with my life, I've got to think in terms of what I can do now. I'm hoping to start college soon, maybe as an education major. Even though I can't move my body anymore, my mind is still intact, and that's the most important thing.
    No wiser words were ever spoken by Socrates himself...

Welcome to the careCure, KimberKit. You'll do good in life with such a great attitude, and a cure will be an option for you in the future.

Keep hope alive, but keep living too.

-peace