Thread: New Custom Computer Desk

New Custom Computer Desk

Hello,

I had my entire room remodeled, basically got rid of the carpeting, painted the walls & ceiling, added crown molding, and had a new desk built. First, attached is my old desk. It was pretty functional and gave me 15 years of good use, but was too deep and wasted a lot of corner space...
    Last edited by Rrrrronnn; 08-28-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

no pictures.

Yep, it's not uploading during an edit to the post, let's see if it works during a reply. Here's the old desk. As you can see, only a limited area to wheel under...
    Last edited by Rrrrronnn; 08-30-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

ok, this is the same corner. The desk is made from red oak, stained with Old Masters Maple colored stain. It is attached to the studs behind the sheetrock. Shelves to be installed soon, new blinds on order. As you can see, there is lots more accessible space. It is 25" deep so my toes don't hit the baseboard heater below...
    Last edited by Rrrrronnn; 08-30-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Love it! Great idea!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The flooring is Traffic Master Allure vinyl planking. I wanted to go hardwood or laminates, but I track too much water from my shower chair every morning. I gotta say vinyl fake woods have come a LOOONG way in realism, it looks great!!!

After my blinds and shelving is done in a few weeks, I'll write up a full post on everything...

Wow. Major improvement. Nice one.

Really sleek, Ronnn! Do you miss not having a few drawers or have you got another area for stuff and clutter? I'm thinking of a make up vanity that we'll replace down the road in the same style as our bath since we moved the current one to the walk in closet (which is the same size as my bedroom when I was growing up!) where it works better. I love our shared office desk in our in home office so good to go there and like yours it has no drawers but it does have lower shelves on each side that we store current files and printer paper.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.