Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TODAY IS THE DAY....

THE DAY...

Hi Birde,
    I beleive it does get better,I remember when I first got out of the hospital I could'nt do anything,now I get around great.I'm 2yrs.5-14-99.It kind of sucks because it's 2 days after my wife's B-day and it brings her down.But ya just gota hang in there.

WHERE YA GET THEM HAPPY PILLS?

thanks everyone for the support! I need to clarify myself so that you don't think that I am some "drug-crazed" person!!! Happy pills are what the doctor has provided for me...for depression....I think they are wellbutrin?!! Whatever they are they don't make me happy. I don't sit around the house and cry all day either. I am active! I have to be. I get out of the house and do a ton of stuff! I just meant that when it comes down to reality, I am not happy like I used to be. that's all. Again, thanks for the kind words and support!!

Birde, I assumed you meant a doctor prescribed antidepressent. it just seems to me these medications, like many medications and antibiotics, are overprescribed. If they're not helping you, why continue to take them? A generic form of wellbutrin helped my aunt quit smoking after decades of nothing working, so I believe antidepressents have their place. But it's not like you have a chemical imbalance, you're paralyzed. In my humble opinion, dealing with that can't be fixed just by throwing pills at it.

~Rus

I stopped taking my antidepressants!!!!!!!!

Found out what was depressing me, the price I was paying for the meds!!!!

SAME FEELINGS

I FEEL JUST THE SAME WAY YOU DO, BIRDE.
    JUST DON'T TAKE HAPPY PILLS AND HAVE 6 MONTHS ACCIDENT ANNIVERSARY BUT FEELING IS THE SAME.
    HOPE WE GET BETTER WITH TIME, AS FRIENDS ARE USED TO WISH.
    JUST TELL ME STH... I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE IN USA AND THINGS THERE WORK BETTER THAN HERE BUT YOU SAID YOU'RE ACTIVE AND GET OUT.
    I STILL DIDN'T GET OUT SINCE FEB/2001 WHEN ACCIDENT HAPPENED. I STAYED 2 1/2 MONTHS IN HOSPITAL AND I'M HOME SINCE THEN UP TO NOW.
    IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO ACCELERATE MY INDEPENDENCY?
    THANKS

Fernando, I guess because we are still considered "newbies" would be the reason we seem sad and don't go out so much. I have to get out as I said because I have two young children and they need that from me. They have been a life line for me (I'm sure that they are unaware of that). I guess you need to understand that you may be sad and alone or you can be sad and not alone...I chose the latter. I figure that with time it will get easier, perhaps not "better" but at least easier. Who knows, when I go to Ecuador for this operation with Dr. Kao, I might be better, that is the hope I have...I will let everyone know either way. Just know that you are not alone!