Thread: $100 reward offered

$100 reward offered

Okay, Invacare stopped making parts for my shower chair. I need a right arm for Invacare Model 6390. New or used... will pay $100. email me 33rusty@bellsouth.net

Serial # 891691119

I like my shower chair and the new ones are built like a rat trap. While we're on the subject, anyone know of a used parts outlet for items like that? THANKS!

"We can all be angels to one another. We can choose to obey the still small stirring within, the little whisper that says, 'Go. Ask. Reach out. Be an answer to someone's plea. You have a part to play. Have faith.' We can decide to risk that He is indeed there, watching, caring, cherishing us as we love and accept love. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."
    -- Joan Wester Anderson- American writer, author

Any other ideas?

"We can all be angels to one another. We can choose to obey the still small stirring within, the little whisper that says, 'Go. Ask. Reach out. Be an answer to someone's plea. You have a part to play. Have faith.' We can decide to risk that He is indeed there, watching, caring, cherishing us as we love and accept love. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."
    -- Joan Wester Anderson- American writer, author

Did you try contacting Invacare to see if they have a substitute part that'll work?

Originally posted by Clipper:

Did you try contacting Invacare to see if they have a substitute part that'll work?
    Been there, done that.

2 suggestions:

1. Contact hospital rehab centers, they may have old equiptment in storage

2. Depending on what is wrong with the chair, take to a local weld shop and have them either fix the arm or fabricate a new one

http://www.wheelchairhaven.com/

if you post a pic of the broken piece i can tell you if it can be repaired. i can weld steel and aluminum.

=It's the people that care for you that hurt you the most=