Thread: Spinal cord injury as it happens - "Live"

Spinal cord injury as it happens - "Live"

I saw this on YouTube last night.

Spinal cord injury as it happens, live.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

That was pretty much my accident. A pier that was about 5 feet above the water surface, where the water was only 3-4 feet deep at low tide..

Blog Entries

heart breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    That was pretty much my accident. A pier that was about 5 feet above the water surface, where the water was only 3-4 feet deep at low tide..
    i never post here anymore but this just broke my heart
    damn sci

Tough to watch

Please don't take this as me being critical.

As a country boy always looking for a place to swim in the summer, I was warned many many times, "never dive before checking depth and for tree stumps under water". We mostly swam in creeks, rivers, and quarries. Jumping 100+ feet into a deep quarry, I near broke my back at L2/3. Didn't hit anything, the angle I went in caused my back to bend, curving me upwards. Still have issues with it today. I made many more even higher jumps after that but feet first only.
    As wild a my friends and I were in those young days, it's a miracle we weren't hurt. Oddly, many of those friends are now dead.

My heart goes out to the young man injured. So young, so much potential. He is young and hopefully will take advantage of youth healing to make the best of what remains. I couldn't watch the whole video. But like the video, my friends thought I was joking when I couldn't move.

If you have children, youth or young adult, please have them watch this video. Tell them. "It's all fun till something goes wrong, it can happen to you."
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

I wished someone from Codys family , would of been on this site 15 years ago . Or any one that could of benefited , from my story . I did the EXACT same dive Cody did ! The dam wood dock looks the same . At the end of his run I had to look away . Still to painful to watch . I was 45 years old at the time . Shoot life truly is a bitch , I hate Cody is so young , just pisses me off .