Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is getting a chiropractor adjustment 2/3 x a week safe?

Is getting a chiropractor adjustment 2/3 x a week safe?

I?ve been getting a chiropractic adjustment 2/3 a week for three years now. I was just wondering is it safe? It?s nothing intense. My doc just adjustes my spine and cracks my lower back. Just curious
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Quote Originally Posted by mj23 View Post
    I?ve been getting a chiropractic adjustment 2/3 a week for three years now. I was just wondering is it safe? It?s nothing intense. My doc just adjustes my spine and cracks my lower back. Just curious
    I was adjusted for several years after my injury, by a chiropractor that actually adjusted sci patients in med school. I moved and haven't found another I trust.

He explained that in the beginning, 2/3 adjustments a week are necessary to realign the spine, the surrounding muscles will fall into place, and hold the adjustment. That generally takes 2 months max. After that, 1 adjustment per month, unless needed.

I think you are being milked.

Been with the same chiro for 21 years 2x's weekly. Now just getting one. I used to go to the gym and work with a trainer, head to the rehab to ride the fes bike, chiro then a massage twice weekly. Now I'm down to one trip to the gym, chiro and massage 1x a week. Back in the day, they wanted to do surgery on both shoulders and wrists. I wanted time to see if I could improve so went to them. Both the chiro and masseuse wanted to see how far we could go before needing surgery and gave me a really good price; that was 21 years ago.

Shoulders are pretty shot but it took much longer to get to that point than if I hadn't gone.

If Someone adjusted my spine, I would probably become paralyzed. Physical Therapy? Chiropractors are trained but it really depends. Do you have arthritis? Last MRI? Results? Osteopenia? Arthritis? Exercise program? Ask your neurosurgeon. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Helps me bigtime.

It’s helps my stiffness a lot after I had my ankle fusion 3 years ago
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

This depends on who you go to. I had a chiropractor who I trusted and used for years until he retired. He really knew what he was doing. Then, I made the mistake of going to one who ended up pulling a muscle. I found one later who does a very noninvasive technique with one of those clicker machines. It doesn't really seem to help.

If it makes you feel good and you trust the individual, it can be okay.

do physio after consult with neurologist. too many chiros ADJUST with out even looking at MRI

Going that often for so long he is only ripping you off. You should only go that often after an injury and then only for a month. By now you should only be going at Jax once a week, but really should only be going once or twice a month. I would really talk with them as to why they think you still need it so often. Are you doing any massage. I try to get one weekly'. Much better results for me verses my chiropractor who I see about every 6 weeks unless I a fall out of my chair. When I am outside doing stuff in my yard.