Thread: Cannot get to Ostomy Discussion Board

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985

Cannot get to Ostomy Discussion Board

Hollister just changed the material in the transparent closed end colostomy pouch, e.g. item 18364. The material is more transparent and noisier (crinkly) and seems like it will puncture easier. I want to see if other users have complaints or opinions, but I cannot connect to the UOAA website. I haven't been there in a few years. Any ideas how I can connect?
    https://www.uoaa.org/forum/index.php
    Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable
    "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

I just checked and had no problems accessing using that URL. Try again.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I just checked and had no problems accessing using that URL. Try again.
    (KLD)
    Same error. They must be blocking my ip address. I'll see if I can email them to ask.
    "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Works for me, too, FWIW.
    C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Solved!

I found a process called OpenVpn Daemon running. I stopped it, and now I can login to the UOAA discussion site.

Problem was due to my using Riseup. UOAA tried to whitelist the ip address, but it didn't really help: (This is a note from UOAA)

"The issue with the discussion board involves some security software we use for protecting the board, and seems to be related to the way you're connecting to the Internet. Assuming I've identified your IP address correctly, you seem to be using a VPN called Riseup. And it seems that somebody using that VPN posted spam to a message board recently. Consequently, our security software is blocking your access.

At this time, I've tried whitelisting your IP address (which is actually an IP from the Riseup service). I can't guarantee that this will work, but please try accessing our discussion board again."
    Last edited by dnvrdave; 02-06-2020 at 12:02 AM.