Thread: Looking for peristeen supplies

Looking for peristeen supplies

I'm looking to buy more supplies for my peristeen system. Personal sale or from a distributor. Not sure where to begin. Any input is appreciated.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    what are you looking for .. I have a few extras

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I ended up going through ABC medical for the whole unit. Get this, comes with 60 caths and the pump. All for the low, low price of $2200! Insurance pays 80% I guess. They told me that it was the manufacturer's mandate that you cant buy just caths. You have to buy the whole thing.... every time! They said the pump is only designed to be used for 3 months. Lol!!! Mine I'd like 8 years old (or whenever they first came out).

Quote Originally Posted by JDViper View Post
    I ended up going through ABC medical for the whole unit. Get this, comes with 60 caths and the pump. All for the low, low price of $2200! Insurance pays 80% I guess. They told me that it was the manufacturer's mandate that you cant buy just caths. You have to buy the whole thing.... every time! They said the pump is only designed to be used for 3 months. Lol!!! Mine I'd like 8 years old (or whenever they first came out).
    I'm a longtime user of the Peristeen as well. I've never come close to getting 8 years of service from them. The Peristeen has vastly improved my bowel program. For those unfamiliar with it, it's little more than an overpriced enema. What makes it special is the inflatable latex cuff on the rectal catheter, which allows you to instill up to a liter of water without it leaking out along the way. Hopefully a better Peristeen mousetrap is in development somewhere because it's a flimsy product.