Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best disposable drainage bags?

Question Best disposable drainage bags?

I feel that I've tried almost all of them and each one has a weakness. It's getting rather severe so I have to ask if maybe I'm missing something. Before having to resort to ileostomy? I'd like to give another year or two with SP tubes.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated?

Main problem: consistent training without pressure or backup into the bladder or kidneys. I just finished two weeks of IV from antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas so things are getting a little hairy. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Why not use the laytex bags? I do and IMO they are much more reliable and sensible. I sanitize (25% bleach & water) every 4 or 5 days while bathing. IMO the reflux valves in the laytex bags are safer.
    If you really wanted I’m sure you could use one ayear++
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Why not use the laytex bags? I do and IMO they are much more reliable and sensible. I sanitize (25% bleach & water) every 4 or 5 days while bathing. IMO the reflux valves in the laytex bags are safer.
    If you really wanted I?m sure you could use one ayear++
    Do the latex house colonies?

I think any container would
    NW NJ

Leg bags or bedside drainage bags?

What bags have you tried.

How are you positioning the bags when you are getting poor drainage?

Latex (not laytex) bags are OK for some, but many people with SCI/D have a latex allergy so that may not be the best option.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I use the latex bags and put them on the outside of a knee high sox, so it doesn't touch my skin. I think I've had the same one for 3 years. I clean it with mix of betadine and dawn soap.

K LD – leg drainage bags
    euro care, bard, Hollister, Covidien and a few more but need to look through my archives before writing down each and every model number.

PFCS 49 – can you see or how do you tell how much urine is in the container/bag. Often my backup with air and fluid so I don't judge just the fluid output. Just curious to see how you get an idea of what's going on or if you can this by looking briefly? Thanks for your thoughts.

The bag empties pretty completely when I drain it.
    It holds a hell of a lot when it gets spherical but it's like a bomb to drain At least it's good to know that it will hold that much because I've had that happen more than once!
    Normally I just reach my right hand down between my legs and feel it. It's on the inside of my calf.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    K LD – leg drainage bags
    euro care, bard, Hollister, Covidien and a few more but need to look through my archives before writing down each and every model number.

PFCS 49 – can you see or how do you tell how much urine is in the container/bag. Often my backup with air and fluid so I don't judge just the fluid output. Just curious to see how you get an idea of what's going on or if you can this by looking briefly? Thanks for your thoughts.
    can you get urimaax https://www.google.com/search?client...-b-d&q=urimaax

ive been through them all too over the years, trident, conveen, bard etc etc, they all either leak, break straps, bad valves, just badly made
    but since i found these, never had a problem, cheap too, flip valves, tough plastic, & i reverse loop (only around back of leg) the straps, they still dont break
    survivor of beijing oeg transplant

I'll check these out. Thank you.